Quantcast

I'm full!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I can totally recommend Bob's Steakhouse & Chop grouse (cheery creek)... just pace yourself :blah:

I'm drunk on fullness.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
On Clayton between 1st and 2nd.

I didn't get the van reference?

We did valet cuz it was PHUGGIN' PHREEZING! I bet valet guys make a ton of dough on nights like tonight.

We started with the calamari and shrimp plate appetizers and two personal bottles of Mumm's sparkling wine. The shrimp were outstanding quality, especially for an inland restaurant. The wine was very good considering I'm not a fan of champagne.

We had the bone-in Ribeye... yummy! Went well with a bottle of Ravenswood Teldeschi Vineyard Zinfandel. I normally drink to drink and enjoy the beverage, but this mellow, smooth and creamy red zin went well with the beef as it didn't interfere and allowed the flavors to come thru and stay consistent.

:D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
My girl sells wine, as you may know... Bob's is a client and she did them a rush favor. I don't know the details, but the manager basically gave us 50% off the meal :D

We can't afford full price on a regular basis. Special occassions, yeah, but we're gonna be tight on money for the next two years or so cuz I want a new bike and we're going to take 2-3 vacations. First of which will be to Italy. Why am I telling you this?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
My girl sells wine, as you may know... Bob's is a client and she did them a rush favor. I don't know the details, but the manager basically gave us 50% off the meal :D

We can't afford full price on a regular basis. Special occassions, yeah, but we're gonna be tight on money for the next two years or so cuz I want a new bike and we're going to take 2-3 vacations. First of which will be to Italy. Why am I telling you this?
I don't know, but I want to know where you're going in Italy. My girl & I spent a good amount of time in Italy in '99 and '00.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
I don't know, but I want to know where you're going in Italy. My girl & I spent a good amount of time in Italy in '99 and '00.
Not sure. Never been, don't know much about it, but I know we're going to wherever good wine is made... hell, I'm sure we can write off part of the trip as a business expense for her since it's her job to be educated.

I know we'll see some amazing architecture and museums, so Rome?

I'd like to visit Campagnolo :D :thumb: (yes, yes, I'm such a roadie :p)

If you have suggestions, please post up or PM me.

Wahoo said:
Van reference was to where his profile says he lives...'in a van..down by the river'.
Ha! I'm not very smart :blah:

Got your voice mail today... good/bad news was I was working :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
cookinchris said:
is this a biking forum or a bunch of chodes talking about taco bell? Put it down and go ride.
cookin? You fit right in the food discussion :D

My girl wouldn't let me eat Taco Bell :blah:

As for Chode... Trippin' the Rift.