Quantcast

i'm in love again

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Hey guys, so i finally came back from peru...2 weeks there visiting family and friends and partying. was awsome. i almost stayed there cause my passport had expired on the 28th of december, which i hadn t noticed. luckily the peruvian officers accepted a contribuition of US$100 and let me take my flight on time. so i got my frame painted in peru by a friend. he did a really nice job. and today i started bulding it with my new fork and freshly tuned shock. i had my hopes to high expecting to be able to ride it today, but the headtube is to damn long and i need a long/high? top crown on the 888, and my post mount avid adapter hasn t arrived yet. of course i will post some pics of it as i finish building it. cheers

again, sorry for the crappy pictures.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
whats with the yedi sticker,is it a sponsors stickers
first: those re not stickers, it s painted under the clear coat and second: nothing to do with the bike company called yeti....it s my nick name, don t ask why, long story and involves a group of terrified 12 year olds.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sick! Is that a 5th Element? The 5th's feel really good on the V10. Good luck with the fork and ride the living bejeezies out of that thing.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Sick! Is that a 5th Element? The 5th's feel really good on the V10. Good luck with the fork and ride the living bejeezies out of that thing.
it s an akira tuned fifth element. but the fifth elemetn felt good, even though i preffered the dhx. i cant wait to ride it...first time i see a bright side on global warming, since there is no snow here in switzerland yet...hehe.:imstupid:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice. At first I thought the Yeti sticker was gay but there's a story behind it so it's all good. :p

Looks really good with the fork.

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Still think it is blasphemous to put a "Yeti" sticker on your Santas rig. maybe "The Yeti" would have been less confusing?

Paint wise looking tidy. Nice work.
What paint was used?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Damn, I picked the wrong color scheme to do this year :rofl: This is the third white/red bike I've seen this weekend. Oh well, glad I went with it, looks absolutely sick!

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Still think it is blasphemous to put a "Yeti" sticker on your Santas rig. maybe "The Yeti" would have been less confusing?

Paint wise looking tidy. Nice work.
What paint was used?
indeed it was intended to be: the yeti....or yeti man..or something like that. but it was made in a hurry and as a result of a missunderstanding my mate just put yeti on it.
i don t exactly know how he made it, but i only know it is polyurethane paint. i m no paint expert, but i ve seen other bikes painted by him that are allready 3 years old and still look shiny. i got some extra clear coats, so i expect to be able to polish it and return it s shine in the future. don t get me wrong, i don t buy the parts or frame for it s looks, but when i get the chance to repaint a frame and buy a new fork, better do it with style.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
sick ass bike. is that a small dent close to the head tube? my friend got one in the exact same spot from his 40, its annoying that santa cruz mad it kind of point out like that, but it's still a sick frame, you're a lucky man!