Quantcast

I'm in the market for an All mountain

Liam

Chimp
Jun 16, 2004
G-San Daegu, SK
I need some advice,
I'm in the market for an all mountain frame. I have an AC1, a Transition DB and a Mrazek Boh-FX. I love the Transition and the Mrazek, but have never gotten into the AC1 which I thought would be my All mountain. It loves anything not too steep, either climbing or decending, but is has a point when it just gets squirly and skiddish and unreliable or just hard to pedal without tipping over. I know there are some riders out there, and I ride with one or two, who think exactly the opposite, but for my dementions I'm just not happy. I'm 6'3" 200 with long legs and arms but I have a short torso. I'm looking for something I can stay on all day and stay comfortable. Of course I don't want to pay out my arse, somewhere under 7-800 would be great and I'm trying to get the whole thing under 35 pounds with reliable components.

Ideas?...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i am 6'2" 240 lbs.. and ride a heckler for all mountain... I love it it does everything i need it to.. super tough too

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You looking for a frame for that price, or a whole bike?

Maybe a used Specialized Enduro or a Heckler...basically, with that price, it's a matter of what you can find on a good deal rather than what you want.

If you can pony up the cash, a Turner 5-spot would be good for you; I know a few tall people riding them.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
For all mountain hardtails are great, if you dont mind hardtails. Plus they are cheaper overall.

Wow, whatever did they do to the slayer. The 2001 that my friend has works great for a light freeride/DJ/all mountain/whatever bike. Now its just all mountain it looks like.

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Heckler.

Just fininshed building mine a couple of weeks ago. It feels so good climbing and rips going down. The steering feels precise, and handles well. Built to take abuse. :heart:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Heckler is a great choice on budget. OTherwise there are PLENTY of good options, just not quite as cheap (used anyway).

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I have a short torso, I'm just not as tall as you are. I rode an Enduro for quite a while and really liked the fit. I'm riding a Bullit now, but that's because I wanted more suspension not because I disliked the Enduro.