Quantcast

I'm new hear

jaddpops

Chimp
Nov 24, 2008
Az
Hey i just started dirt jumping again a wile ago and was wondering how you make a good jump. I can make one that's good for a couple of times but not very long it won't stay packed. just wondering if there was a good video or a list of things to do. there's not a water source near by or i would have it solved the only water around is the stuff that falls from the sky so any help would be well...helpful.

thanks!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Hey i just started dirt jumping again a wile ago and was wondering how you make a good jump. I can make one that's good for a couple of times but not very long it won't stay packed. just wondering if there was a good video or a list of things to do. there's not a water source near by or i would have it solved the only water around is the stuff that falls from the sky so any help would be well...helpful.

thanks!
ive got that same damn problem. My trails are in a hill so there is no water collection period. There is no video for building trails. You just gotta dig a lot of dirt, and try to find good clay dirt too. Make it wide enough so you can stand on top of the lip deck and pack it down and shape. Then you just make it however steep you want it to be at the top of the lip and then gradually curve it out so when you hit it, it doesn't slow you down. Also, depending on the speed you are heading at the jump you want to make the lip transition from the ground gradual enough so that its not like hitting a wall. Just go on linerider.com and make jumps untill you get the flow of how jumps should work.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

thanks!
arizona and no water ? forget it. build ramps with plywood and 2"X6"s.

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
yea id go with that ^^^

you can google some ramp plans pretty easy or just use your own method, it shouldnt be too hard to fill some buckets and pulverize some clay for a decent landing and then you have the bonus of being able to move your lip around too