Quantcast

Im new In Greensboro Winston Salem Area

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
and I need some help to :clue: find some Freeride Downhill and dirt Jumping Trails, close to the area, Im exactly in Greensboro, any help will be welcome... :) :help:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Have you made it out to Country Park yet? It's close to Battleground Ave. They are city-owned jumps...all tabletops and a few nice big berms. Lots of fun.

nchuckster

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
yeah looks like im gonna be moving to the gboro area in september so definately need to get up with some peeps to ride with. ive seen some photos of stuff that look fun on triangle mtb but have no idea where they are. ive rode the spot in winston before so definately will be there. but where is the north shore stunts in gboro or is there any.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
thanks for the replys can someone give some exact directions to the High point nortshore kind place?, and also someone told me about a place between Gressnsboro and Winston Salem, tomorrow Im heading to Dark Mountain to check it out. thankssss

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hey alex...i hit the "jamaica-me-crazy" line yesterday. you and moto (and whoever else built it) did a nice job. super fun drop :thumb: that whole line has potential to flow really well.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
hey alex...i hit the "jamaica-me-crazy" line yesterday. you and moto (and whoever else built it) did a nice job. super fun drop :thumb: that whole line has potential to flow really well.
It was me, and Buck, and Jon. I liked it a lot, but I was told that it sucked, and that even a semi-pro racer agreed, so I think I'm gonna tear it down and make a roller.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
what?! why did it suck? it's a good drop, big enough to be a little scary at first but small enough that it's still fun. you said it..."semi-pro RACER" didn't like it....you gonna take that from a racer boy? :D

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Haha. I dont even think they hit it. Apparently you have to go too slow, so its crap. All I'm saying is, dont bash stuff until you've hit it, offered suggestions to make it better, and offered to help built it better, especially if you didnt even pick up a shovel in the first place.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
you talkin about that drop at the lake? i hit it that day i went out there, good thing i walked it first i thought after it was a set of doubles and almost hit that too, boy would i have had a suprise landing.I hit it to fast tho even tho you said to go slow, i thought i was going slow enough, fun tho.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Yeah, there will (hopefully) be a dirt spine and maybe a double after it soon. And yes, for everyone else, you have to hit it SLOW really really slow.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
gastro said:
Where is this slo-mo drop located in general terms? (I'm familiar with the area)
If your on the run-in trail for the big right handed hip, look to you right about 2 gulleys, and behind you.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
gastro said:
That's odd, it doesn't show up on my trail map. :confused: :D

Thanks for the beta Alex, that drop sounds perfect for me - I hit everything slow (except the buffet line at Golden Corral of course). :oink:
speaking of "the corral" we all need to make a trip to the lake and then head to GC for a fun dinner with Buck (formermountainboarder) working, "where my sweet rolls at b!tch":rolleyes:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
I mean...if thats what you're into...

:rofl: :rofl: aww man that made me laugh.

i dig the drop, kind of a -get behind the seat and hang on- type thing.

i suppose you could cut the top pallete a little bit to make it not so abrubt or something but definitely don't tear it down. screw those racer types....(except moto, he can whip)

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
hey Atomic firewall whats up man, thanks for the invitation, will make plans to travel to that area.. I'll let ya know.

And please Somebody tell me where is those places that you talk about, I know Dark Mountain, and the park of Pisagh Church and Battleground. but the "Jamaica me Crazy" I dont know ehre is it, I f please somebody send me a Pm if it is a secret place... I will appreciate it.

And was You Alex (Manimal) the person that I did talk with, at Dark Mountain? right?, I found the Course, It was very cool, very fun maybe I will be there for the race... I m tryigng to fix my schedule. nice work! to you all who built it up.

and where is that place close to Winston Salem?
send me PM's with direction please!!!

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
i may ride salem today ( friday ) or Sat since im not gonan be able to head to Dark Mountain for the race Sat pm me if you might wanna ride, if i do salem today prolly wont be till about 1 in the pm

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
we do not speak of the corral (ie hell) here.

Its time to ride, been so long since i hopped on the ol roscoe. Btw the soon to be double on the right side of jamica me crazy is totally hitable.....heh