Quantcast

I'm OKAY...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Back from the Doctor.... I have a level 2 Tear..... Basically he said it would have been alot worse if i were outta shape, my shoulders are strong and the muscles took the brunt of the impact.... working out over the winter months have helped me alot!

SO more meds (over the counter) for me... no Surgery needed at this time, and i need to start PT soon....

Just to make sure all is well they are sending me for an MRI tomorrow.... 9AM.... but looks like it isn't really bad (still guts) and all i would need is PT (should be back at the mountain in 3 to 5 weeks.... tops but i'll be around shooting & snapping.... i can't be held too far from the Sport!

Last edited:

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Back from the Doctor.... I have a level 2 Tear..... Basically he said it would have been alot worse if i were outta shape, my shoulders are strong and the muscles took the brunt of the impact.... working out over the winter months have helped me alot!
Do you remember me telling you those exact words 2 minutes after taking a dirt sample? You will be back oon the bike in no time. Good Luck!!

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
Dave,

I separated mine at the Open last year... I was lucky that i have pretty strong shoulders and the muscles kept everything in place and helped it heal, but it took some time. I took about a month off, but it never really felt strong until the end o the season.

since you love pictures so much... here is what it will look like once the bruising sets in (this was after 2 weeks) http://www.flickr.com/photos/11323996@N02/2543380602/in/set-72157605383689695/

see ya at the open... hope you heal up quick
ummm....yummy yellow

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
get this evs shoulder brace: http://www.evs-sports.com/store/?category_id=24&item_id=36

also buy some biofreeze from cvs/riteaid and slap it on before you put on the brace and you can ride your bike in a few weeks. i did the same thing about 5 years ago (i think type 3/4) at a race at massanutten and was riding 3 weeks later at diablo for the open. it was painful, but possible.

i have a huge bulge between my shoulder and collar bone that sticks up about an inch and also makes me wear crutches an inch lower on my messed up shoulder, but it's fine 5 years later without surgery. it's ugly, but functions perfectly fine.

good luck healing up!

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
I bought that armour a season ago wore it for about 4 weeks and sold it on ebay .I agree 100% I cant believe how much i payed for that piece of garbage there is nothing good about that armour You would think raceface would put out a good outfit. Its held together with velcro .

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I was about to buy one of them too. Why don't you like the race face rally dh jacket? What do you guys suggest? I have a six six one but it is just too bulky. I don't want a core saver due to no shoulder protection.

I heard about dainese but too pricey. The nex six six one pressure suit pro's fit wierd I hear, and I see on friends suits the arms move around, I have tried on a rock gardn size small (my size) and they are too bulky, and the lower lvl six six one pressure suits are just like mine.

Anything else guys? Help.

The POC tee thing wouldn't fit me either because I am 135 lbs and 5' 9", I am skinny.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I was about to buy one of them too. Why don't you like the race face rally dh jacket? What do you guys suggest? I have a six six one but it is just too bulky. I don't want a core saver due to no shoulder protection.

I heard about dainese but too pricey. The nex six six one pressure suit pro's fit wierd I hear, and I see on friends suits the arms move around, I have tried on a rock gardn size small (my size) and they are too bulky, and the lower lvl six six one pressure suits are just like mine.

The POC tee thing wouldn't fit me either because I am 135 lbs and 5' 9", I am skinny.

I know you said you tried the rock gardn... but I really like mine, the bulky-ness goes away after riding a bit anyway.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
You did try one on? I'm not that much bigger and the medium fits snugly. I'll be up spectating this weekend and probably riding on Monday if you want to check it out.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen

rockgard'n trailstar isn't bulky and has shoulder protection. I use it with the Fox Launch elbow forearm pads and it's been great. Didn't prevent me from breaking my collarbone on the 9th but if the impact is hard enough to break a bone, armor won't really help much anyway. It's more for scrapes and contusions.