Quantcast

I'm sooo out of the loop...

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i need an ISP NOW! i cant go online and download anything cuz i dont currently have and ISP and the only people who mail out the disks anymore is AOL??? wtf???

any ideas... i have a slow arse computer, with very little frills and a dial tone... that is it... i only have 56MB RAM soooo i cant get broadband SL thru my telephone company, dammit!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Just call a local ISP and get an account, you don't need anymore software than what Windows already provides for a standard dial-up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well, slap my ass & call me Sally! :D

I see commercials for Netzero all the time. they claim to be fast & it is cheap. you could always browse text only, too.

see ya friday!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Just call a local ISP and get an account, you don't need anymore software than what Windows already provides for a standard dial-up.
u dont have to have their disk (software) to make it work??? i dont think anything is installed anymore other than windows 98... im telling u this is an old system! at least it is a pentium... one.. haha

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
u dont have to have their disk (software) to make it work??? i dont think anything is installed anymore other than windows 98... im telling u this is an old system! at least it is a pentium... one.. haha
Windows 98 has everything you need built in to do a standard dial-up.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
where the hell have you been!!!!!!!! i dont know anything about computers but i do a little something about kicking ass and i know that you better be ready cuz saturday it is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm kidding. i miss ya. when are you coming back to the monkey? we will be seeing you two on friday. im getting all excited.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by TN
well, slap my ass & call me Sally! :D

I see commercials for Netzero all the time. they claim to be fast & it is cheap. you could always browse text only, too.

see ya friday!
how can i get one of their disks??? i cant get online with that computer to download the software to run netzero... ugh

cant wait to see ya'll friday!

were campin... right next to ya'lll bring ear plugs! ha ha

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by laura
where the hell have you been!!!!!!!! i dont know anything about computers but i do a little something about kicking ass and i know that you better be ready cuz saturday it is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm kidding. i miss ya. when are you coming back to the monkey? we will be seeing you two on friday. im getting all excited.
im having sooo much fun being home and being a mom... today is the first day with alll 3 kids at home from school (school closed yesterday)

anyway, we are at the library signing up for the summer reading program and have our schedule of all the things we want to get done and places we want to go this summer... and we are having a ball... poor cooter has to work and gets to miss it all...

hopefully i will be on the monkey SOON if i can get dial up started... please help with some detailed instructions SOMEONE! or else it is aol to get me started! ugh!

see u friday morn... we are leaving either late thursdya or early early friday

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
instructions... please!
Can't really give instructions until you get an account, but when you have one your ISP should be able to walk you through it.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
ok... it just told me i have 3 min left on my connection at the library (they limit you to 1 hr here...) and i had to fight about 75 jr high kids for the computers... sooo i better get... hopefully the call to a local provider will help! thanks for the info...

tt u soon!

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
i only have 56MB RAM soooo i cant get broadband SL thru my telephone company, dammit!
there is very little things u can do with 64MB RAM, i assumed the missing 8MB goes to the video dynamic mem. Try upgrade ur ram and u will get instant boost of performance.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
When u get a dial up ISP, they give you instructions how to get it up and running. All you need is a name, password, and phone number. Get it hooked up, itll be great to have you back!

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
Go and see your local CS kiddie or other gamer.

They go thro hardware like crazy.

The things they disgard as "Old junk" will last a normal human being for a cpl of years :D

Much is in the operating system too..

www.debian.org
www.freebsd.org

Those guys set you up with a high octane OS for free dude :)

Semi old machines is cheap and dont bother upgrading old boxes from IBM/DELL/Compaq etc.. It's never worth it and they use parity ram and stuff.

A new machine isn't very expensive either..

At one point here in sweden you got a free internet acount from BIPnet when you bought a whopper from BK :D Or was it Mcd?? NEvermind..

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
i need an ISP NOW! i cant go online and download anything cuz i dont currently have and ISP and the only people who mail out the disks anymore is AOL??? wtf???

any ideas... i have a slow arse computer, with very little frills and a dial tone... that is it... i only have 56MB RAM soooo i cant get broadband SL thru my telephone company, dammit!
Juno limited time ISP = $4.50 a month
Unlimited = $9.50

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
OK.. Thanks for all the info... im back online! it took all of 5 min with my local ISP.... im with Gorilla systems locally!

it was great... but i had lots of stuff to do yesterday...

im sooo glad to be part of the world wide web again... but dont get me wrong... while the kids have "chores" you will see me and the rest of the time... i will be playing with them and swimming and in the summer reading prgram and all that fun stuff! im excited about my summer with the kids at home!

and i've had a 1/5th of burbon today sooo im pretty looped... the kids are playing with a friend right now!

we painted my grandmas pool today and we are ready to put water in it this weekend! woo hoo!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Ahhh jeez...and Cooter hordes all those sweet kisses for himself. :D ;)
he's at work, but rachel gets them during that time! ha ha
just kidding... it was hours ago... im sober now!

i was just having a few drinks with rachel while we painted the pool... we ate and we are fine now...

me and my daughter are singing Christian songs she learned at church right now actually! ha ha... she just came home! ha ha

i messed up somehow and posted this as its own thread! haha... i must have jsut thought i was sobering up! ha ha

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma

i was just having a few drinks with rachel while we painted the pool... we ate and we are fine now...

me and my daughter are singing Christian songs she learned at church right now actually! ha ha... she just came home! ha ha

i messed up somehow and posted this as its own thread! haha... i must have jsut thought i was sobering up! ha ha

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Tell rachel I said :eviltongu
also yet another person is quitting her old job that makes 3 since she has been gone.
do tell who and why!!! she actually misses working there or actually misses messing with the Rocky more, i think!!! ha ha

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Just goofin'. I love bourbon myself but don't like it on a woman's breath. If they're planning on extracurriculars, men should stick to Scotch and women to tequila...IM arrogant O.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I went to JDPower.com to look for a dialup ISP for a friend and found their reviews helpful and fairly accurate. Just remember that "high speed dialup" = crap.

Why not get a cheap new computer with DSL/Broadmand capabilities? You can get them cheap enough that your monthly payments could end up lower than your dialup internet bill. The friend I helped get set up with dialup quickly ditched it and spent the extra money needed to upgrade to DSL. She got a break because it was bundled with her phone bill.

Have you looked into buying more ram for you computer? Plug-and-play stuff is easy to install in I think that an extra 256K can be purchased for less than $100.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Repack
I went to JDPower.com to look for a dialup ISP for a friend and found their reviews helpful and fairly accurate. Just remember that "high speed dialup" = crap.

Why not get a cheap new computer with DSL/Broadmand capabilities? You can get them cheap enough that your monthly payments could end up lower than your dialup internet bill. The friend I helped get set up with dialup quickly ditched it and spent the extra money needed to upgrade to DSL. She got a break because it was bundled with her phone bill.

Have you looked into buying more ram for you computer? Plug-and-play stuff is easy to install in I think that an extra 256K can be purchased for less than $100.
nah, getting a whole new system in september sooo we will wait till then... this is really ok for now... im happy... cooter has what he needs at work and i dont plan to spend too much time on it this summer... cuz i will be playuing too much! ha ha