Quantcast

im sorry, a tornado in rochester?

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
yeah! mid ride!

we go out to the draco warehouse for some riding and bike making. then it starts raining and craziness. so i grab the cam, and start takin some pics of lightning. there was even a tornado warning! we dont get tornados in NY, or like anywhere in the northeast!!

then, during that, stevie K is like

"dude whats it mean if the cloud is on the ground, oh my god, dude, the cloud is on the ground, and oh ****!!!"

I look over... and BAM.... there is a ****ign tornado all of 300ft away.. coming up over the hill.. i stayed out to take some pics. i got one, nice. got the second, awesome. then it blew my hat right off my head and I ran inside screaming like a little school girl.

anywho, enjoy the pics :o

this arc'd over the building. you could hear it crackle.

Attachments

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
and that was freaky. this is what it looked like as it approached the building..

really too small and dark to see. but its not like i can randomly get pro shots of a tornado, at night, in the NE united states.

all via a kodak 3.2MP digi cam with 1.5second exposure.

scary as hell, craziest thing i've ever seen while riding.

Attachments

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
There have been two tornados in Washington in one month, one was yesterday in Spokane, the other was a few weeks ago near Bellingham. They werent big, but still, we're not supposted to get them here!:eek:

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I was in a soccer field in tampa when I was a kid, and a tornado came through, me and my friends hid in a ditch. loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. For years afterward I was obsesed with tornados. Glad your safe.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
We had a tornado at my cabin in Ontario, which is pretty close to NY. Big one too, tore the **** out of the golf course and destroyed the club house. the wind (not the tornado) blew a bunch of siding and shingles off the main house.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you have the original file you should send that to the National Weather Service in Buffalo. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/buf/stormrpt.htm
They would be very interested in that photo. Also if you have damage pics they would be interested in that too. It certainly looks like a tornado to me. Cool stuff. That was a amazing storm for sure. Enhanced photo here:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by draco

scary as hell, craziest thing i've ever seen while riding.
aha Holy Crap YOU REALLY WERE OUT RIDING!!!!!
Ok i thought Splat was the most "kore" for night riding in 50 below ice ride, but now the honors have gone to you. WTF were you thinking riding around in weather like that!!! ahaha nutty....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i can't see the funnel cloud in those shots, but i see the dirt flying around.

tornaders fascinate me. i've never seen one, despite living in central texas. damn...the Weather Channel and spring time are synonymous.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Oh come on. One measly little tornado.

In Richmond, VA, in the past year, we have had: a huge fire (fairly unheard of), an earthquake (DEFINANTLY unheard of in VA), and a Hurricane (not THAT unheard of)

Come on, catch up! :D

But seriously, cool pics :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by the Inbred
i can't see the funnel cloud in those shots, but i see the dirt flying around.

Here i tried cleaning it up a little better for you, so you could see, and was amazed of what was revealed!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: