Quantcast

I'm stuck

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
My buddy and I were planning to leave Santa Barbara today and head down to the LA auto show. We knew 101 south was closed due to mudslides, so we figured we'd just take hwy 150 and loop around to where 101 re-opened. We get to the exit for hwy 150, and apparently a bridge has been completely washed away, so now we have no way to get to LA. The only 2 southbound routes out of Santa Barbara county are closed because of the ridiculous amounts of rain we've been having lately.

But it gets better (or worse, depending on your perspective).

You can't go north out of Santa Barbara county either. Hwy 101 is closed near the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo county line because of - wait for it - more mudslides. Hwy 154 out of Santa Barbara is also completely shut down. I can't say that this is a serious problem (for me, at least), but it's kind of a weird thought knowing that I'm stuck in Santa Barbara county for an indeterminate amount of time. I just wish I had been able to go the LA auto show. :(

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
This, in my humble opinion, is why southern california blows goats.

Ya'll can't deal wit a bit of rain..........;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Psh, In Northern California (not the bay area, which is just mid-cal :D) We get that much rain out of a normal storm system..........