Quantcast

IMBA Trail Crew coming to Dry Hill

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
August 23rd - 26th, the IMBA trail care crew will be coming to Dry Hill, in Port Angeles. We have a few trail projects to choose from but need help. We want to have a big turn-out for Saturday and Sunday (25th-26th) so we can cut some trail and ride. The tentative plan is to have an all day build session on Saturday, followed by camping and good times on the hill. The next day we plan to shuttle all day and ride what we made. We have a couple of potential trail projects to choose from. The plan is to make a trail that will be great for both gravity assisted riders, and xc'ers alike. Basically a climbable downhill route from the very top of the mountain. For those of you familiar with Dry Hill, it's another 400-500ft of elevation or so, with some excellent terrain.

Anyhow, we will be putting out a flyer very shortly. It should be a good time but we can't have more than 50 people.

For more info, email us at olympicdirtsociety@yahoo.com.
Scott

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
The weekend is getting pieced together. There will be a new dh trail to ride Saturday night down to the party for you trail worker types. Please go to the blogspot (www.olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com) for the flyer. Please RSVP if you haven't already, come on we won't work you that hard.

We started dirtwork on Lower One-Liner yesterday and it's pretty butter.

Scott

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
If you are planning on coming out, and you should, please RSVP at www.imba/events.com It doesn't cost anything. We started Lower One Liner, and it's looking pretty sweet. We have a build day this Sunday as well. Saturday night (the 25th) after the trail work, we will shuttle you trailworkers to the top of the hill for an all new downhill run (about 3 miles of old quad trail) that ends very near the Saturday night party spot. It's called Happy Ending and it's pretty fast.

Hope to see some familiar faces.
Scott

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
Make a statement to Washington State. Let them know we need mountain bike specific areas, with financial assistance, by showing at this event. What happens at Dryhill can impact the rest of us in the state - in a positive way. I'm heading over from b'ham.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
i might be able to make it out for saturday & sunday. But its possible that i might not be able make it on saturday if my work schedule doesn't corporate. would it be uncool to just come out for sunday?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Cool! I knew I was missing out on the goods before the weekend even started, as it progressed and even now. I made it to two of the three events this year, so I didn't miss out as much as other folks have already.
If anybody didn't make it out there at all this year - what the hell is wrong with you? Sell your bike for the lowest possible bid and get some rollerblades. I kid...sort of.

Glad to hear good times were once again had.