Quantcast

!IMPORTANT! Montgomery County Parks & Rec Public Forum

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
On THURSDAY, March 29, 2007 Montgomery County Parks and Rec will be holding a Public Forum to take comments on the Current CIP (Capital Improvents Budget) and comments on what people would like to see in the County for Parks and Rec.

I CAN NOT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS MEETING ENOUGH!
So important that Parks staff have been constantly telling me to inform all the bike groups of this meeting!

Current Issues are (feel free to add others):
- Bikes allowed in Skate Parks
- Jump/Freeride Park areas (stress the need for multiple sites, life is to busy to always have to drive cross County!)
- Support for a BMX Track with daily access (most likey at the Soccer Plex)
- More MTB trails in the County
- Support for Upper Rock Creek Trail System

The forum is 7:00 p.m. at M-NCPPC’s Montgomery Regional Office Auditorium, 8787 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910. To sign up to speak for 3 minutes call (301) 495-2511, or e-mail Patsy.Hedrick@mncppc.org. Sign-ups will be accepted at the door if space is available (limit 35 speakers).

PLEASE SIGN UP QUICKLY! (let me know if they say they are full).

This is the most important meeting in the County where Citizens have the opportunity to influence Parks and Rec PLEASE COME OUT AND ASK FOR MORE BIKE STUFF IN THE COUNTY!!!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I sent out an email. I think we also need to stress the idea for mtb only trails. Trails where hikers and horses won't be blocking the flow.

EEE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Thanks for posting a heads up on this. Sent an e-mail to the addresses you posted in that other thread, got a reply back that my comments would be shared w/ the board, recorded in the public record.

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
Just wanted to remind everyone of this public forum. Call in and sign up, come out that evening and in 3 minutes tell the County what you want to see in the way of bikes.

http://bikesbelong.org/page.cfm?pageid=381

The web site listed above is fantastic and would be VERY useful Thursday evening.

I will be sitting up on stage and want to hear lots of people asking for bike stuff!

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
It went well. 4 or 5 speakers mentioned mtbing and some mentioned a freeride park. It will make things move along faster. Thanks to to everyone who came out and those who sent emails!

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
I was one of the speakers. Actually I was the first individual speaker (#10 on the list) but I didn't get to hang around to hear everyone else speak. What are the chances of a freeride park actually getting built in MoCo?

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
What are the chances of a freeride park actually getting built in MoCo?
Actually.............. had a meeting with Parks this week. There is the possability of something at the Germantown Soccer Plex probably revolving around a BMX track.

I need to set it up still but hope to have a meeting some time in June. More info to follow..................

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
Well....... looks like the possiblity of a BMX track fell through for the right now :disgust1:

Possiblity of a all-mountain (wouldn't call it freeride) area but I won't know more till fall.

The fight continues.................