Quantcast

In case anyone cares.... (Whistler)

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
A bunch of us are heading up to Whistler for a friends' bachelor party, riding Saturday and Sunday. Well, at least I am riding both days, they are XC'ers at heart, and may want to ride some other trails on Sunday. So, if anyone wants to find me or us and ride, you can look for me and say "hi!" I ride an all black Bullit w/ Super T and wear a red FF helmet and a blue Azonic jersey w/ grey shorts, and I love to ride with new people. Our group will have people from the ability level of doing no-handers off the box all the way down to never ridden Whistler or anything like it before, so feel free to join the fun!
I'm leaving tomorrow after work, and probably won't see much of want is posted, but feel free to just walk up and introduce yourself as all Monkeys are cool.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
well i wouldn't have cared but this i saw whistler in prentheses and everything changed....hmm i'm an ass sorry.

I won't be back to whistler for awhile :-(

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Bummer man, assuming it's an injury, injuries suck. The toe that I broke that has never healed right was attacked by a large rock on A-line last Sunday, and it's swollen, but I'ma just tape it and rely on the odds of not whacking it again. Heck, it's already beyond repair, it can't get much worse. Even after 4 montsh, it still didn't bend right. And hey, it still works for hiking, biking, and even rock climbing, well, sort of...

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
i'll be there with a buddy.

me - black dirtbag, super t, carbon ff (see sig for bike pics)
him - stinky, junior t, blue ff
both - pumped arms and grinning from ear to ear

say something if you see us. we'll do likewise

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I'll be up there this weekend. Kinda hard to miss with a bright red helment to match my bright red big hit (I promise i did not do that on purpose)

Will probably ride with some others, you can't miss the guy on the big fat nucleon or Shootr on the hardtail.

Megan Black said:
I'll be up there this weekend. Kinda hard to miss with a bright red helment to match my bright red big hit (I promise i did not do that on purpose)

Will probably ride with some others, you can't miss the guy on the big fat nucleon or Shootr on the hardtail.
meagan, I may have a shock for oyu at home, call me later tonite!..its a Fox Vanilla you can use untill you get your new one. :thumb:

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Well, out of all y'all, I only recall seeing Crash13... hard to miss the RDR guys. Didn't see too many people after 3pm though 'cuz of the rain, but let me tell you, the trails were awesome as soon as they got wet - fastest I've ridden A-line, and the DH trails were crazy fun (go slow reezaay). Oh, and in case y'all are wondering why I am able to post this 13 minutes after the lift closes, the answer is that my homies copped out on me for a second day of riding. Nasty combination of broken XC bikes on DH trails and people not wanting to throw down cash on rentals (can't blame them), not to mention fatigue for people not used to that kind of riding. Sucks though if you're up at Whistler, and your group can't ride because of two invalids. Arghh, anyway, I didn't stay because I didn't have anyone else to ride with, and riding alone up there isn't as thrilling as it should be. I'll keep y'all posted for next weekend though as I may be heading up again (maybe for two days), and may want to carpool.

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
erikkellison said:
I'll keep y'all posted for next weekend though as I may be heading up again (maybe for two days), and may want to carpool.

I'll be going up Saturday AM. We have a full rig with 5 of us.
Lets take a run together if you get up there......

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
erikkellison said:
Well, out of all y'all, I only recall seeing Crash13... hard to miss the RDR guys. Didn't see too many people after 3pm though 'cuz of the rain, but let me tell you, the trails were awesome as soon as they got wet - fastest I've ridden A-line, and the DH trails were crazy fun (go slow reezaay). Oh, and in case y'all are wondering why I am able to post this 13 minutes after the lift closes, the answer is that my homies copped out on me for a second day of riding. Nasty combination of broken XC bikes on DH trails and people not wanting to throw down cash on rentals (can't blame them), not to mention fatigue for people not used to that kind of riding. Sucks though if you're up at Whistler, and your group can't ride because of two invalids. Arghh, anyway, I didn't stay because I didn't have anyone else to ride with, and riding alone up there isn't as thrilling as it should be. I'll keep y'all posted for next weekend though as I may be heading up again (maybe for two days), and may want to carpool.
i tried looking for you and megan but i didn't see ya. it was kind of crowded til the rain started coming down then it really thinned out. the rain made things interesting, specially on the roots, but i had a blast anyway. maybe i'll see ya up there some other time.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Well, I was there the second half of Sat. and most of Sunday. I wasn't on my big hit, tho. I borrowed a friend's demo 9.

Yeah, I was the girl who held up the chairlift because I could lift the beast onto it in time :o:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Megan Black said:
Well, I was there the second half of Sat. and most of Sunday. I wasn't on my big hit, tho. I borrowed a friend's demo 9.

Yeah, I was the girl who held up the chairlift because I could lift the beast onto it in time :o:
How did you like D9? What will you be riding this weekend?>?

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
The D9 was a dreeeeeeeam!!! It was set up rather big for me, but the geometry was perfect. the 888 my friend has on it saved my a$$ on a-line. I hit the first table top and misjudged the rebound. so my back end kicked up and I nosed so hard. I thought I was going to eat it when I landed but the 888 just soaked it right up and unbelievably, my back end came down :eek:

I'll be on my big hit next weekend. But I'm putting a Super T on it tonight and Bibb's letting me borrow his Fox Vanilla. I'm trying to get my hands on a Manitou swinger...

BTW, after putting all that stuff on, I'd like to take it out a few times to get used to the set up before this weekend.

Anyone wanna hit S. Seatac on wednesday?

Megan Black said:
The D9 was a dreeeeeeeam!!! It was set up rather big for me, but the geometry was perfect. the 888 my friend has on it saved my a$$ on a-line. I hit the first table top and misjudged the rebound. so my back end kicked up and I nosed so hard. I thought I was going to eat it when I landed but the 888 just soaked it right up and unbelievably, my back end came down :eek:

I'll be on my big hit next weekend. But I'm putting a Super T on it tonight and Bibb's letting me borrow his Fox Vanilla. I'm trying to get my hands on a Manitou swinger...

BTW, after putting all that stuff on, I'd like to take it out a few times to get used to the set up before this weekend.

no no thursday!!..its much better :D :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Megan Black said:

YO! Megan....are you riding up with Bibs this weekend?

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I dunno who I'm riding up with. Do both you and Bibbs have room? I'm pretty much set to go after work Friday. I just haven't ACTUALLY told my brother that I'm going to miss his son's 1st birthday for this...I'm trying to think of a really great excuse.

Megan Black said:
I dunno who I'm riding up with. Do both you and Bibbs have room? I'm pretty much set to go after work Friday. I just haven't ACTUALLY told my brother that I'm going to miss his son's 1st birthday for this...I'm trying to think of a really great excuse.

I have tons of room!...and 10 gigs of music to listen to on the way!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Megan Black said:
We have room too, but are taking off around 2pm.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Dang, you all have room in your cars, but you're leaving too early! I have a friends bachelor party on Friday, so I am leaving on Saturday morning at 7am from Bellingham. I don't have plans for Saturday or Sunday, so if anyone has a place to stay where I can rent part of a room, or maybe 15 sq ft of floor, I'd be down for riding the whole weekend. I would also like to carpool with someone either for just Saturday riding, or if we can get a place to stay Saturday night that's not expensive, then the whole weekend would be great. You can pick me up on the way and I can pay for part of gas, or vice versa (though I don't want to drive south really, but you could drive to meet me at my place in Bellingham, and we could drive my car from there if you don't have racks). Although, I can only take one big bike besides mine because I have racks for regular QR forks on my car (I have an adapter for my bike)... but if anyone does have a rack for a big bike, I can take as many as will fit on my rack).
Or, if all this doesn't work out, I'm gonna go to Hemlock, but Whistler is better...
PS
Sorry for the difficult to read post, I had to get all my thoughts in there, and it wasn't exactly a seamless flow of words coming out of my fingers

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
So I guess that's a no? Anyone down for just a day trip? Dang, riding Whistler alone is no fun. I'll probably just end up at Hemlock, again. Meh...

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
crashing_sux and some others that don't watch these forums live up there, get in touch with him, or pm me and I'll give your info to them

edinSvenson2

Chimp
Feb 10, 2004
I'm totally down to hit whistler on saturday / sunday. I could meet you in bellingham tomorrow (saturday) morning, and we could go up in either my car or yours.

I sent you a PM about it, shoot me one back or call me or something!

Erin

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Megan, Snacks, Bibbs, Gooch and all who are currently up there (if you get this), if Erin gets back to me, I think we'll head up for a day ride on Sunday. I don't know if y'all can recognize him on a bike at Whistler, but as stated I have a Bullit w/ Super T (both black), and I wear a red FF w/ blue Azonic jersey and grey Azonic shorts, so if I don't hear from you, just look for me.