Quantcast

Indoor Grilling Ideas

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
My new apartment doesn't have a porch or area for grilling, so I can no longer use my gas grill or cast iron table top grill. :(

Anyone have any suggestions for any indoor smokeless grilling options? I allready have a George Foreman, but was wondering if there are any other good alternatives? :confused:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
well, the thing for me about grilling is that you get the flavor of the fire in your food, but it really requires cooking over an open flame. If you're limited to stove top, you can get a grill pan that will make your food look grilled (you know, neat dark lines, etc.) but the flavor won't be much different from saute...some people put wood chips in the pan, to the side, not sure about that. If you've got a fireplace there are some cool grill racks you could hook up...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
OGRipper said:
well, the thing for me about grilling is that you get the flavor of the fire in your food
Butane torch. You can even get the adjustable tip and put "grill marks" on the food.

Get a coathanger and you can rotisserize it.

Maybe not endorsed by your local fire marshal.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Get oen of those little portable gas grilles, set it on your stove, and use the fan over the stove to suck out the smoke.