Quantcast

Indoor skydiving....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
...and paintball people can be seriously messed up. I know that's not news. But I hadn't been painballing in years and years. So I hadn't seen it in a while. There are some guys that could get themselves in trouble for impersonating a cop. Some guys had badges and SWAT vests.

There was no shortage of bandanas with pictures of skulls on them either.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
One time I got really high on meth and robbed a bank with a paintball gun. Then other meth cops came in and we had an epic paintball battle. So I can see why those guys were wearing those swat vests. They were probably on meth.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That indoor skydiving was pretty awesome.

Had a dream about it last night. But I was much better at it in the dream.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Indoor wind tunneling is not freefalling. It is expensive hovering.
I detect a sense of "that's just a stupid waste of money" tone in that comment. That must be the hill climber in you talking.

It is a really cool sensation. And watching our trainer guy do a little demo of what is possible was insane. I recommend it to anyone. Awesome.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So you sucked at freefalling?

I didn't think it was possible to screw that up.......not even by you or your derelict brother.
It's funny, the two guys who were the best at it were the really experienced SCUBA diver, and the 5.13 climber (trad lead). I guess there's a common requirement for body control.

I was alright, but not as controlled as MMike. I wanted to do everything a little to quickly, I think.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I detect a sense of "that's just a stupid waste of money" tone in that comment. That must be the hill climber in you talking.

It is a really cool sensation. And watching our trainer guy do a little demo of what is possible was insane. I recommend it to anyone. Awesome.
Not at all. I bet it was very cool. I just know a lot of skydivers and they basically work to pay for tunnel time. Sports that charge by the hour just seem ridiculous to me. Great business plan.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Not at all. I bet it was very cool. I just know a lot of skydivers and they basically work to pay for tunnel time. Sports that charge by the hour just seem ridiculous to me. Great business plan.
Yeah, I bet it is pretty ridiculous, but fortunately for me, I didn't pay for it. A perk of being the bachelor. I later paid for it with a hail of paintballs. Well worth it.

As for expense, yeah, all skydiving is not cheap. But even worse, the paintball "aficionados" we saw at the "arena" or whatever they call it must spend even more money. The weirdos with the full auto guns and the costumes (a.k.a "uniforms") must spend a couple hundred bucks every outing.

To each their own. Some are just way more fun to mock than others.