Quantcast

IndyCross

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Its been a hectic past 7 days at Diablo! Eric Carter and crew is hard at work preparing the Jeep 48Straight Dual Slalom Course and the ParkLogic Crew is working overtime constructing the unique IndyCross Course. The new IndyCross course will be unveiled this weekend at the 48Straight event!

What is IndyCross? Think single-rider slalom, but a course on steroids.....A course that will truly test your ability to rail berms, pump rollers and pin-it through corners. Not only is IndyCross a course-type, IndyCross will also be a unique racing concept to be launched later this fall.....for now, IndyCross will feature Freelap technology....

The tight, meticulously built IndyCross course will showcase that the cleanest line will yield the fastest time. We are going all out....The entire course has been treated with dirt "hardening" additives to improve the speed, smoothness and durability of the course.

This weekend is not too be missed!

In the meantime, here are a few construction photos....

More details very soon....Enjoy...

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
looks amazing to what ive been hearing. will it be a open trail after the event?
Thanks! Absolutely. IndyCross was originally planned as a new amenity for Diablo riders, but it turns out the folks at 48Straight liked the concept so they decided to use it in the event!

IndyCross will be open every day beyond this weekend (weather permitting).

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
and yes the indy cross course goes exactly where the us open berms were and believe me once you see this thing in person you'll spend the rest of the afternoon trying to close your jaw it's absolutely SICK

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
travis your a dummy once again because you started a thread about it. i am going to race this. BYa!
yes i started a thread about it. and i said it was a joke didnt i? if you were to read my post's from a while ago when people were asking about it i clearly stated what it was.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
woww!!! looks sick!!!

Is the dual slalom course going to be knocked down after the event??

It would be cool if you left it.

Where is the IndyCross trail going to start from and where will it end??

..cant wait to ride it...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
indy cross is in the uso berms. and ds will be plowed. but im not sure when. and it will be able to used by riders after the even im pretty sure

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
from what i saw yesterday, the DS course looks pretty sick. i think itll be their best feature at the mountain..just hope they keep it.
EC really knows how to step things up.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
the slalom course from what i recall hearing will be plowed right after the event and marc you suck some of us have to wait till ****ing OCTOBER!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
im afraid

afraid of how fast people will fail to flow, and turn that smooth pretty treat into a continuous braking bump.

trust your bike people.

please.

YAY

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
im afraid

afraid of how fast people will fail to flow, and turn that smooth pretty treat into a continuous braking bump.

trust your bike people.

please.

YAY
I must say, you've improved with your Haiku writing... :biggrin:

acair and I walked it during the day on Monday, talked with Sean and checked it out. The berms are almost shoulder/head height on a 5'11"/6'1" guy... it just looks so perfect...

...and yes - if they can keep the course in that condition for racing, the Indycross track will be pure sex.

... now, if only I had a hardtail... dammit.:hmm:

Last edited:

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
the slalom course from what i recall hearing will be plowed right after the event and marc you suck some of us have to wait till ****ing OCTOBER!
Yeah bummer Jon, after you told me the height on Monday or was it yesterday? I hiked up, very nice indeed. Does anyone have a dual slalom bike to lend me? i'll even pay you. So far today i'm in 5 hours trying to set-up my all mountain bike to race this event... some bikes just aren't meant to change riding disciplines.