Quantcast

^|^Inferior wingdings Thursday GFMT^|^

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The work day doesn't start until this is posted, so here we go.

Feeling groggy today due to last nights ride ending with wings and beer.

Heading back up to the hills for another ride tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Being a ride sweeper is not much fun if the group is big and the trails are very dusty. #whyublackface

I attempted to fix a rupture in the SS's fabric with some super glue and a makeshift patch, but Slaughter GRID already ordered. It is a shame, the SS is only 2 weeks / 115 miles old. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Being a ride sweeper is not much fun if the group is big and the trails are very dusty. #whyublackface

I attempted to fix a rupture in the SS's fabric with some super glue and a makeshift patch, but Slaughter GRID already ordered. It is a shame, the SS is only 2 weeks / 115 miles old. :(
Try it now

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Short day for me 8:30 to 2:30 then its off to the trails which should be awesome since they are not work. I'm hoping yesterday's unplanned rest will give me hero legs today. Weather should be beautiful... yesterdays scattered showers were a drag.

Also my Samsung Galaxy note pad went tits up after 18 months, the battery will no longer charge, a struggle of this magnitude in today's society is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Appraisal went well yesterday, even got credit for an updated kitchen cause I put drawer pulls and handles on all the cabinets. Piling up all of the random shit the prior owner left behind as I have a 30 yard dumpster arriving this afternoon so I can throw shit away en masse. @johnbryanpeters be jealous.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Let me know your address, I'm moving and might have an old bed frame, mattress and other small items to drop off :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In other good news, I switched my auto/homeowner's insurance to a new agency (a friend) and insurance provider, and saved $500/yr between the two. Between that and the refinance in the spring, I am mucho satisfied with all the money saved. More money for hookers and blow.

And by hookers and blow, I mean dinners with the GF and Claritin.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Insurance adjuster ran over all the bags of yard debris I had out front yesterday tearing them all open. To top that off, either I don't properly understand the forms he left me, or he missed stuff that even my neophyte eye can catch. I have to take the kid to an eye appointment this afternoon and I think I'm going to swing by the Allstate office and have a word. :mad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The car, it isn't done. So the 2 day job has turned into a 5 day job because they couldn't figure out how to swap out the bearings in the torque tube. So it's been given to a driveline shop to do, so at least it will be right. I was told they had done more than a few of these and I am calling bullshit. I'm ready to choke the living shit out of someone. I told them I am going out of town leaving Friday at 1:00. So I will be there to pick up my car at 11:00 tomorrow and it better be done and done correctly.

On a lighter note, work. Yay.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Moved in to a new camping box today, a little bigger and should be able to hold food as well as camp kitchen and such. Pretty stoked. About to clean up an old(ish) Coleman 425F and make sure it's working before taking it to Durango this weekend. According to the date stamp, it's an '81... I found it at a Goodwill for $4. I'm also borrowing my dad's original SVEA 123 as a backup stove, in case we don't have room for the 2-burner Coleman.

Yep... totally nerding out on camping shit.

Get this: http://www.genuineinnovations.com/us/products/tools-accessories/tubeless-repair-kit.php

That thing has been saving my arse on the trail on tires of ALL varieties (Not just Maxxis EXOs) for a while now. I was able to use just one of the little rope plug thingies + super glue to seal up a 10-12mm rip in the sidewall right at the bead well enough to ride out 8 miles of rocky, chunky, gnar this past weekend in Crested Butte.

Everyone riding Maah Daah Hey should have at least 2 of those kits in their pack. The only bummer is they don't seel just the plug part on it's own... you always get the little stabber tool thingy. I just contacted them to see if they'll sell me a couple dozen plugs in bulk, we'll see what they say.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
That thing has been saving my arse on the trail on tires of ALL varieties (Not just Maxxis EXOs) for a while now. I was able to use just one of the little rope plug thingies + super glue to seal up a 10-12mm rip in the sidewall right at the bead well enough to ride out 8 miles of rocky, chunky, gnar this past weekend in Crested Butte.
Was it that dodgy Geax tire?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Insurance adjuster ran over all the bags of yard debris I had out front yesterday tearing them all open. To top that off, either I don't properly understand the forms he left me, or he missed stuff that even my neophyte eye can catch. I have to take the kid to an eye appointment this afternoon and I think I'm going to swing by the Allstate office and have a word. :mad:
One of @stoney 's friends runs a company that battles insurance on these matters on your behalf. They take a cut of the extra money they get you, iirc.

I rode in slowly today. Weird-ass dreams last night and I feel like I have a bit of a cold. I won't be riding back tonight: reception for all the new hires tonight so wife is coming, babysitter is booked, and we shall drive back in the Land Cruiser with my bike on the rack out back.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of @stoney 's friends runs a company that battles insurance on these matters on your behalf. They take a cut of the extra money they get you, iirc.

I rode in slowly today. Weird-ass dreams last night and I feel like I have a bit of a cold. I won't be riding back tonight: reception for all the new hires tonight so wife is coming, babysitter is booked, and we shall drive back in the Land Cruiser with my bike on the rack out back.
@Pesqueeb Correction. One of @Nick 's friends. I can't find contact info, but looped Nick in. He does residential in the $30k plus range though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So there was this box in the garage for who knows how long that the wife just said was a "camp box". Then she found some crap on pintrest about a wooden chuck box and wanted me to build it. While cleaning out the garage, I decided to look at what was in this camp box she had. Turns out its a bad ass chuck box. :rofl:

It's exactly like this one:

It's awesome. We used it last weekend and will use it again this weekend.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, a $5 lamb gyro that was not only an insane amount of food for $5 but damn tasty. I had not tried this place because I had a usual go-to cart for gyros, but decided to mix it up. Wow, so glad I did. There are quite a few things I need to try here, but jeebus was the lamb awesome.

Yes, I'm fat and didn't feel like walking that far. But now I know this cart on 5th is good, I don't have to unless I want to. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

The car, it isn't done. So the 2 day job has turned into a 5 day job because they couldn't figure out how to swap out the bearings in the torque tube. So it's been given to a driveline shop to do, so at least it will be right. I was told they had done more than a few of these and I am calling bullshit. I'm ready to choke the living shit out of someone. I told them I am going out of town leaving Friday at 1:00. So I will be there to pick up my car at 11:00 tomorrow and it better be done and done correctly.

On a lighter note, work. Yay.
vettes are this much of a pain in the ass?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
vettes are this much of a pain in the ass?
The clutch is a 12 hour job, longer if you are new to it (the trans mounted to the rear end vs the engine). It makes sense to rebuild the torque tube since you have to take the damn thing out, but there are 4 bearing that they are trying to claim require a special tool they don't have and can't get in a timely fashion.

If I had a lift and 2 days off, I would have done the damn thing myself. But I sure as hell can't do it in the street in front of the house like I did the brakes. :rofl:

<edit> Here's a write up of the whole ordeal.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day of work is done. Not sure how, but I freight trained through literally half of my open IT support tickets today.

Time to go ride and enjoy life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The clutch is a 12 hour job, longer if you are new to it (the trans mounted to the rear end vs the engine). It makes sense to rebuild the torque tube since you have to take the damn thing out, but there are 4 bearing that they are trying to claim require a special tool they don't have and can't get in a timely fashion.

If I had a lift and 2 days off, I would have done the damn thing myself. But I sure as hell can't do it in the street in front of the house like I did the brakes. :rofl:

<edit> Here's a write up of the whole ordeal.
Hah yeah when I delivered parts in college, I walked into a shop that was elbows deep on a clutch job. Half the car was on the floor... Seeing the suspension out was cool.