Quantcast

Infinoen - woo hoo

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Just got here. The course is on a nice grassy hill behind the Neckcar grandstand. I can see 4 turns and that's pretty much it. None of those nasty rocks or trees to get in your way. You could get a nasty sunburn though so go SPF 30 or above. The only part of the XC I can see is on pavement, just like it should be. I am headed out for "practice" now.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
That sounds like a dangerous course....well at least it is if you are drinking a beer per run. On a 2 min. course you could get a lot of runs. Better stick to the 3.2. Hope you brought a good supply from the motherland. :rofl:

Andrew and Logan should be there if they can find the place. They called me from Cali to see if I knew were it was. :help:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
go-ride.com said:
Andrew and Logan should be there if they can find the place. They called me from Cali to see if I knew were it was. :help:
I live pretty close to there. I'll PM you my number if they need additional directions.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
remember to wear your homemade "NORBA sucks!" shirt and huck a beer can at the timing booth as you cross the line;)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
just got off the course. well, the view from the top is beautiful. (ou can see the SF Bay, San Fran, the Golden Gate Bridge, even Oakland looks good from here. The course sucks IMHO. It is just a deer trail about 6 inches wide that switches back and forth down a steep, grass covered hill. The corners are already blown out and you need gekko power to stick to the traverses. There are 2 uphill sections (short) and no sign of any manmade effort whatsoever. The terrain is kind of like racing on 3 inches of hay. The dirt here is really dirty too.

it is kind of fun watching the race cars buzzing around the track though.

The 4 x isn't done yet but has potential. It's already 1000 times better than the DV effort.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Oh, I forgot. The shuttles rule! They have a fleet of brand new Toyota Tundras with leather interior and A/C. They get to the top as fast as I can go down the course.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
©2001 said:
if it's so crappy, don't race it.
Very true but I had this booked as a family vacation long before it was declared the national championship.

I have seen lots of "NORBA Hates You" t-shirts around here. I am going to see if I can buy one.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Threepointtwo said:
Very true but I had this booked as a family vacation long before it was declared the national championship.

I have seen lots of "NORBA Hates You" t-shirts around here. I am going to see if I can buy one.
Look for a skinny dark kid holding a video camera, he is one of the official "distributors" of those shirts...If you can't spot him, listen for words such as "hella", "gnar", "gay" and "NorCal" he will be close by.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Red Bull said:
Zach Dank said:
Would a lighter, small travel bike be better for the race?
did anyone else notice that zach asked a question reguarding racing? :hot: :love:
Okay fine. I don't feel a smaller travel bike would be better. The added traction of a dh bike is nice. Ligher wheels would be great for popping out of the tight turns (and the short uphills). But IMO you could carry a lot more speed on a bigger bike.

I raced it last year, the shuttles were awesome, comfortable and fast. I don't feel like paying money to ride it this year.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Fonzie18 said:
Look for a skinny dark kid holding a video camera, he is one of the official "distributors" of those shirts...If you can't spot him, listen for words such as "hella", "gnar", "gay" and "NorCal" he will be close by.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Threepointtwo said:
you still don't have to race, right? take the kids to alcatraz w/ the entry fee or something :)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
should change the threads name to, infineon boo hoo.
bwaaa haaaaa haaaaa. :rofl:

hey norba/usacycling, :clue:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
©2001 said:
you still don't have to race, right? take the kids to alcatraz w/ the entry fee or something :)
you gonna be there? I might finally meet you! I'll be up on saturday morning/afternoon.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
©2001 said:
no sir...closest race to my home all year and i'm boycotting.
But you should at least go out and snap a pic of a car on the track pulling a big drift and wwwwwaaayyyy off in the background a teeny tiny rider with a word bubble next to it saying..."So where's the race?"

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
sanjuro said:
I hope someone races every event on a Cyclocross bike...
Oh man!!!!

My roomate has a cross bike I could totally use. I could wear spandex and kneepads too! If it didn't cost money to enter, and I wasn't already going to d-ville, I would actually consider it.

I don't think there's anything NORBA could do about it either.. make me race a hardtail class.
"f*you! My license says expert! Eat my dust!"

Would suck for the guys behind me though.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If I am not mistaken, I believe someone did race last year's XC event on a cyclocross bike, and which he won...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
sanjuro said:
If I am not mistaken, I believe someone did race last year's XC event on a cyclocross bike, and which he won...
It was actually Carl Decker winning the Short Track on a road bike... With 25c Michelin Pro races....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
©2001 said:
no sir...closest race to my home all year and i'm boycotting.
You should go shoot the guys wearing "Norba Hates You" and all that fun stuff...