Quantcast

Insomnia can really eat a wang...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Somehow I have messed my clock up. Bedtime is now like 6:00am, getting up at 3:00pm.

Anyone got any advice on how to reset to normal human hours? I'm going to try an all nighter tonight, going to a regular bed time tomorrow around midnight.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
crystal meth should do the trick.
I've got enough clients on that, I don't think I need to supply PHX's dealers with my quasi-hard earned money. In theory they should give me speed for free for keeping their clients out of lock-up.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
Hey, wait a minute...
Why are you trying to bring me into this?!
I don't have insomnia!

Although...
Back in the day I use to wish I could get it. I thought that I would be able to get so much accomplished with all that "free" time...

Then I went through a pretty stressful situation and actually got insomnia. Boy was I wrong. It sucked big-time. Exercise and diet helped me with it.

Good luck!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I've got insomnia. Had it since 5th grade. When i'm stressed about stuff, it gets way worse. If i'm really hurting from lack of sleep, i'll try to keep from taking any naps since they make me sleep way worse at night than normal. I'll also go out and try to make myself exhausted from biking during the day. Sunday is my day for trying to catch up a bit. I'll usually go to be a little earlier than normal, around 10 (since i get up at 6am). When it gets really bad, I have a prescription of Ambien. I hardly use it though. My mom is damn near addicted to it and I see how much worse it is for her. Usually my 30 pill prescription lasts me a long time. I only take 1 every month or maybe 2. You get sleep when you're on those, but it's not good sleep. Those little 10 mg pills mess me up so bad that I kinda hallucinate from them before i go to sleep. They also make me groggy for about a half day after I take them. My last prescription lasted me for a year and a half. I don't want to rely on that crap, but once in a while i gotta have one to put me out early.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
judging from your name....you're catholic?
Come on man, it was all in good fun. I meant no harm. :)
If you must know, one of my folks is Jewish, the other is agnostic.

Personaly, I’m agnostic. :p

But I saw what you did there...

I think...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You and DirtyMike should have a slumber party.
Man, I knew I was going to get drug into this one...

Dirt, All I can say is welcome to the non sleepers club

reminds me of a scene from a episode of the show "oz" involving a spoon.....
That was a horrible Horrible scene.... that was bad happening...... its forever burned into my brain and I cannot remove it now....... what was seen can never be unseen.......

thanks Im gonna have nightmares again next time I actually sleep.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I slept like a champ yesterday. I think work stress, along with not enough exercise and too much fun on week nights were the exact combo to keep me awake for days.

Slept for 12 hours on Sunday, then was in bed last night by midnight, up today at 6:30. Feeling a lot better.

And Black Dynamite is on while I work. Life is good.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Set your alarm so when you go to bed at 6AM you only get 3 hours of sleep. Get up at 9:00 and go on an epic 3000 calorie 4 hour ride... time it so you return just before dark... eat a giant heavy meal and a bourbon.

Game over. You'll be out in a few hours.

Either that or nyquil