Quantcast

Intense 2007

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
From what heard, the SOCOM is only a limited production for-race-only bike. It would be hard to imagine it replaces the M3. It is simply too bad a$$ of a bike.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
holly crap those things are awsome. as most people know i am not much of a road biker (acctually i am the farthest from it), but i would ride everyone of those. i acctually splooged my pants when i saw those three. way to go intense.:hot: :hot: :hot:

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
i spoke to jeff steber a while back about the road bikes.... i don't remember all the details, but there will be a couple of lines of road bikes carbon (made in the USA), & an aluminum verson (made in china i believe) both look bad ass in person!

as for the M3, YES they are going to keep it... the new "FRO" lines (including the Socum) are special limited edition versions of their current lines...& made lighter to be "FOR RACING ONLY"... i can't remember if there were any other differences other than weight....all geometry should be the same i believe

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
Sorry to ask, but don't you think that light FRO machines should stay to company teams? I can't understand why someone would try to buy a bike just for races, does it means that they should get the same bike (not the FRO version) for every day ride and then use the FRO for races?

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i heard that there going to be using a 10.5 i2i, 3.5 inch stroke manitou revox shock on the intense m3 "FRO" so maby its more travel or lower suspension rate. cause it looks to me as theres a 3 inch stroke on that socom.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
julian_dh said:
i heard that there going to be using a 10.5 i2i, 3.5 inch stroke manitou revox shock on the intense m3 "FRO" so maby its more travel or lower suspension rate. cause it looks to me as theres a 3 inch stroke on that socom.
pics?

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
UPDATE

Socom FRO
- With the Socom Intense has a correctly hot iron in the fire for 2007. Intense calls it technically perfect and pure (!!) DH-Racebike, a mixture of the Leichtgewichts 6,6, the robustness of the Uzzi's and geometry of the M3. The spring travel amounts to full 216mm, thus more than sufficiently for DH Racing.

The new Socom FRO, developed with Manitou Revox and Manitou Travis tripolarizes Ti

VPP Link am Socom FRO

Technical data
Construction: 6061 aluminum, CNC milled, Easton of pipes, Monocoque designed Oberrohr.
Absorber: Manitou Swinger 6way Coil Recommended fork length: 180mm-200mm
Further data: Only disc brake, exchangeable one failing, Custom max of type seals camps, one-piece absorber detour, 135mm or 150mm hub width, 12mm knockout spindle, 200mm brake disk compatibility.
Optional absorbers: Fox DHX 5,0, Manitou Revox Coil Weight: depending upon absorber 3.7 - 3,9kg
Price: 2495. - U$ (framework + Manitou 6way Swinger Coil)

Uzzi VPX For 2007 easily changed construction, is the Uzzi VPX perfect Big hit Freeride Trailbike and owing to its 197mm spring travel just as for DH Race operational. It was designt likewise for Northshore Trail Riding and new School Slopestyle.

the new Uzzi, here developed with the Manitou Travis

Technical data

Construction: 6061 aluminum, CNC milled, Easton of pipes.
Absorber: Manitou Swinger 6way Coil Recommended fork length: 170mm Further data: Only disc brake, exchangeable one failing, Custom max of type seals camps, one-piece absorber detour, 135mm or 150mm hub width, standard Umwerfer compatibly, Optional absorbers: Fox DHX 5.0 Weight: 4,2 - 4,4kg, depending upon absorber
Price: 2135. - U$ (framework + Manitou 6ay Swinger Coil)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Uzzi: Trail/FR geo, beefy

SOCOM: Lighter than Uzzi w/ similar travel and M3 geo

M3: Full blown DH bike

FRO=light versions of the race bikes

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
oh snap!
am I the only one who noticed those frame weights?

Intense can barely manage to build an 11.5lb downhill frame that doesn't break, surely an 8.6lb frame (with shock!) won't last longer than a couple dh weekends under a harder rider.... I mean the weights are impressive, but i'd want to make up the saved weight in body armour given their track record.

wonder if their FRO frames are like their FRO tyres?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
oh snap!
am I the only one who noticed those frame weights?

Intense can barely manage to build an 11.5lb downhill frame that doesn't break, surely an 8.6lb frame (with shock!) won't last longer than a couple dh weekends under a harder rider.... I mean the weights are impressive, but i'd want to make up the saved weight in body armour given their track record.

wonder if their FRO frames are like their FRO tyres?
They go together. Super heavy tires plus super light frame equals normal bike weight.

Except that you have major inertia issues with the wheels and the frame wont hold together. Winning combo...:biggrin: