Quantcast

intense 5.5

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Hi,

I heard that the intense 5.5 had premature bearing wear issues?

what do you guys know about it? what are your experiences with the 5.5.?

jonboy

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
Chicago
I have one medium-duty season on a 5.5 with no bearing problems. Once one of the upper pivot bolts started to unthread itself. The bolt has not moved since it was tightened (along with all the others).

I love everything about my 5.5 - fast, efficient, and well composed through some pretty nasty stuff. I'm running mine with the RP3 and a Pike Air Team. Both the shock and fork are easy to adjust and they feel very well balanced.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey Tarto!!! How are you sir?? Hope all is well.

Is the Belair gone?? No prophet? now looking at a 5.5 - wow!

If memory serves me right - I think Push Industries may have designed a stronger linkage piece to solve this problem. I could be hallucinating though, but you might want to check into it via their web site.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
i had an 05 and the pivot bolts holding the rear end were garbage. Every other ride i was tighting the bolts. For 06 i heard intense is using the push industries links/bolts which are lighter and stronger. Other than that issue i really enjoyed my 5.5

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
MMcG said:
Hey Tarto!!! How are you sir?? Hope all is well.

Is the Belair gone?? No prophet? now looking at a 5.5 - wow!

If memory serves me right - I think Push Industries may have designed a stronger linkage piece to solve this problem. I could be hallucinating though, but you might want to check into it via their web site.
hey mark!

i still have the balfa belair, I decided not to get the deal on a prophet simply beaucause i'm not a cannondale fan at all, even when you get a good price, if you dont like the bike...I,have a few possibilities for next summer and the 5.5 is in the list..like the banshee pyre and the ibis mojo carbon...

thanks for all the reply.

Tartosuc

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tartosuc said:
hey mark!

i still have the balfa belair, I decided not to get the deal on a prophet simply beaucause i'm not a cannondale fan at all, even when you get a good price, if you dont like the bike...I,have a few possibilities for next summer and the 5.5 is in the list..like the banshee pyre and the ibis mojo carbon...

thanks for all the reply.

Tartosuc
Ibis Mojo Carbon! Whoah Baby!

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
greenchris said:
that banshee pyre looks good i havent heard about that before now. how about going all out and get a foes fxr.
Yes foes fxr is another of my choices, but all in all all theses bikes that I've mentionned (plus a few others) are all good quality bikes that i know i will llike... so it will basically come down to the easiest to get from here and or the best deal i will get.

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
So your heart is still swinging from a trailbike to another?

I must admit that I really liked what I saw at Expodium in the Banshee stand... The Pyre is something that deserve a second look.

I've heard that some AllezY guys want to replace theirs SC Blur. Might be interesting too since you'll be able to fix the slight issues they have.

The Iron Horse MKIII is getting a bit heavy for a trailbike. I still prefer my old HollowPoint 2004 that the newer ones. I've heard that the 2007 will be a bit lighter tho.

The Cannondale remain a Cannondale and you either love it or not.

The Foes is really nice also, but harder to find around here. You still have a chance around Quebec city (or contact Wolverine on DHRacer.com).

The Intense 5.5 is exactly what you're looking for. A strong all-around bike. It's strong enough to survive many days of smooth DH/freeride at Mount St-Anne under Mathieu Roy, yet light enough to be enjoyable in cross-country. It depends on the build kit a lot but the frame might well be the base for my next setup.

BTW, I think you've missed something at Mont Blanc last weekend. The freeride trails will be pretty sick! The first one we dug was a "a-line" Quebec's very own version. It will be rideable by average rider and expert will simply go faster! The other trail we've worked on is a downhill singletrack for elite... and I really mean it! Ultra tight switchback on a hill side, smooth but short berms, 10 feet drop, and even the chicken line is a straight down at 60 percent for 200 feet!!! Sickos for sick.