Quantcast

intense 951 chainguide questions

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
hi guys i have a intense 951 on order and just wondering if a e13 lg1 will fit on there without modifications?

if not then how can i get the guide to fit on there? thx

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
will you use a 36 max or 40 max guide? On the 40t max you may nbeed totake a bit off the top, to prevent it hitting the swingarm, other then that, it will be fine, not perfect, but will be fine

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Sorry the most popular bike out right now... the 951 wasnt made to work with one of the most popular guides out... lg1. Sounds like your out of luck.
It's not like Intense purposely designed the bike not to work with that guide..

Besides, most 951s I've seen have LG1s on them. Both first and second generation LG1s. I am sure it will be fine. Just don't run a chain ring you could eat dinner off of. Go with a 34-36.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
It's not like Intense purposely designed the bike not to work with that guide..

Besides, most 951s I've seen have LG1s on them. Both first and second generation LG1s. I am sure it will be fine. Just don't run a chain ring you could eat dinner off of. Go with a 34-36.
Sarcasm... a quick search by the OP and he would have seen half the freaking 951's with lg1's on them.

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
actually i did do a search before i posted this...
some say yes and some say no so...yea
i just want to know HOW to get it on there

im running a 36t max guide with a 36t ring..switching to a 35t when i build my 951 though

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
It's really not that big of a deal to mount a LG1 to a 951.

It's possible, it works fine, don't worry about it!

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
switching to rf atlas fr 165
Atlas FRs are fine, try em in the 57/58mm chainline setup (58 most likely).

The 951 will fit a chainguide. The LG1+ fits, and the SRS+ fits even better. The issue is that the "ISCG-05" tabs on the frame are rotated 20 to 30 degrees too far counter clockwise, and as thus are not eligible to be called ISCG-05 as they do not follow the rotation guidelines set by the STANDARD.

For our SRS+ and LG1+, we also upped the degrees of rotation allowed in the backplate to over 30 degrees (up from 22* or so). This should be more than adequate for quality control frame tolerance variances, or slight angle changes to ISCG tabs to clear things like linkages, etc.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
Atlas FRs are fine, try em in the 57/58mm chainline setup (58 most likely).

The 951 will fit a chainguide. The LG1+ fits, and the SRS+ fits even better. The issue is that the "ISCG-05" tabs on the frame are rotated 20 to 30 degrees too far counter clockwise, and as thus are not eligible to be called ISCG-05 as they do not follow the rotation guidelines set by the STANDARD.

For our SRS+ and LG1+, we also upped the degrees of rotation allowed in the backplate to over 30 degrees (up from 22* or so). This should be more than adequate for quality control frame tolerance variances, or slight angle changes to ISCG tabs to clear things like linkages, etc.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen
thanks for the detailed explanation..but i still want to know if i can get away with using my old lg1

i dont mind grinding or hacking it...

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
k thx..just what i wanted to hear..
im too lazy to put the bike together myself so i have to ask for my friend before he starts putting it together...

still waiting for the parts from crc though..