Quantcast

Intense 951 question?

brian field

Monkey
Feb 5, 2007
Hello, since there are no adjustable head angle cups on production models, what is the static HA on present frames?

And question for people with M6 or other intense frames with similar geo to 951.

What size would you recommend for a person who is 5'11'' or 180 cm.

Thanks.

brian field

Monkey
Feb 5, 2007
I was thinking that 64/65 for head angle stands for model that is with cups... thanks for the answer.

But , for size , i need advice, because according to intense site, i am between medium and large, and i could go both ways.... so i need a recommendation.

Thanks again

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I was thinking that 64/65 for head angle stands for model that is with cups... thanks for the answer.

But , for size , i need advice, because according to intense site, i am between medium and large, and i could go both ways.... so i need a recommendation.

Thanks again
I don't think that option is available yet and I have only seen it on a prototype M6 frame so far.

I agree with Cable Guy, your best bet is to try a demo bike if you can because sizing is such a subjective thing. I know some guys that should ride a medium frame based on the specs but prefer a small because they like a small frame. If you can't do that, the next best thing is to find a similar bike (same TT length, BB height, etc.) and ride that to see how you like the fit.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I am usually in a similar situation when purchasing bikes (I'm also 5'11). I buy mediums for two main reasons.

1.) Frame makers often design a bike around the medium model then just use a longer tt and seat tube to make it a large (not always the case)

2.) I like a smaller more maneuverable feeling bike given the choice

Like everyone has been pointing out, sizing is a personal thing. So if you like riding a bigger bike where you can really get behind the bike go for a large. It will feel more stable at speed but lack the agility of the smaller frame.

Being between frame sizes is a good thing. You will feel good on either size so it gives you options! Now choose the bike that fits your style.

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
I'm 182cm and ride a medium M6, it feels good but I have been riding medium Intenses for a while.

I wouldn't mind trying a large though.

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Hello, since there are no adjustable head angle cups on production models, what is the static HA on present frames?

And question for people with M6 or other intense frames with similar geo to 951.

What size would you recommend for a person who is 5'11'' or 180 cm.

Thanks.
What frame and size do you ride now? That might help more...

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
i rode a large sunday before. Felt good most of the time, but i loved the sam hill size. The seattube could be a bit lower and for some tracks the wheelbase could be shorter...i think that looks good for me if i go with large or? The 951 has a lower ST as the sunday and i can change the wheelbase