Quantcast

Intense M9 pics

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
You might try riding faster instead of posting on the net.:rofl: But if you did that, you'd race pro, like he does. Mike breaks so much stuff from a a combination of really nasty terrain where there are NO smooth lines, riding really hard and riding a lot. All of this requires stepping away from the keyboard and not being an E-douche.
Thank you!! HAHA.

In all honesty though, ya...SB is some pretty rough stuff. I have two friends that had M3's in the past and they've all broken swing arms, triangles and linkages from constant riding out here. Come on out to SB and ride here and you'll see why all your sh*t gets beaten up super fast!!

On another note, I do like Intense bikes, there's a reason I've been riding them for so long. I really want to try the M9 and see how it stands up.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You might try riding faster instead of posting on the net.:rofl: But if you did that, you'd race pro, like he does. Mike breaks so much stuff from a a combination of really nasty terrain where there are NO smooth lines, riding really hard and riding a lot. All of this requires stepping away from the keyboard and not being an E-douche.
so because he is so Pro, he has a reason to go through so many triangles, swingarms and links? :rolleyes: i dont care where you ride or if you are pro, cat 1,2, or 3, going through that many parts means fail in my book. maybe he should try something besides a intense frame
im sure 95% of the people on the WC circuit dont go through as many parts as he listed.

and to realize this, it requires removing your tongue from your buddy's o-ring

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
so because he is so Pro, he has a reason to go through so many triangles, swingarms and links? :rolleyes: i dont care where you ride or if you are pro, cat 1,2, or 3, going through that many parts means fail in my book. maybe he should try something besides a intense frame
im sure 95% of the people on the WC circuit dont go through as many parts as he listed.

what makes you say that? If they're going through a couple wheels per weekend, they're probably getting triangles replaced pretty regularly.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
what makes you say that? If they're going through a couple wheels per weekend, they're probably getting triangles replaced pretty regularly.
Don't know about your guys, but Kovarik and Claire just sent me their 2009 M6 frames back, original as the day they got them, beat to hell paint wise, but all original parts…their 951's from last year are same-original. World cups, Training, Testing and all the aussie races on those bikes.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Don't know about your guys, but Kovarik and Claire just sent me their 2009 M6 frames back, original as the day they got them, beat to hell paint wise, but all original parts…their 951's from last year are same-original. World cups, Training, Testing and all the aussie races on those bikes.
Yeah, but Kovarik doesn't really put frames through that much abuse, what with his tiny calves and reserved riding style...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they arent riding in SB apparently then and arent pro. wait what?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA

I don't think you understand how rough these trails are and how badly they beat up the bike. For the record, I went through those swing arms when I was racing Cat. 1 a few years back and same with the linkages. The most recent fail was the triangle and that was because Intense made it too weak. It broke where the linkage bolts into the frame. On the newer designed M3 frames, they welded around where it bolts in, where as before it was not.

Also, I've been complimented on being smooth on our trails. I used to be a complete hack and compared to a couple other local riders I still am. I'm not anywhere near a top rider or super amazing on a bike and still need to learn a lot. Our sh*t is just rough, even my buddy has been through 3 swing arms and one full commencal frame.

Anyways, BACK TO THE TOPIC. Anyone know the rough geo of the bike?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Dear stikman: way to take my internet postulations and destroy them like yesterdays bagels. I had something good going there and you had to wreck it! :rofl:

Seriously though, thats pretty rad to hear. I'm always curious how many parts/frames a top level WC pro destroys every year.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Wurd. Visit a world cup and you will see that going at that paste bikes will get hurt and will have to have replaced parts on a regular basis. If you want to win you have to stop being a pussy and worrying how your bike will look on your e-photos or as Peaty once said "if you don't crash you're not going nearly fast enough".

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I hope there will be a carbon M9. When my M6 is ready to go, it will be replaced by a CF bike. I'd rather have the downtube say Intense than Santa Cruz.