Quantcast

Intense Socom with Chris KingDevolution Headset?

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Hey anyone help me with this.
Im thinking of putting a Chris King Devolution 1.5 -> 1 1/8 Headset on a Socom.
I was wodering if this is a good Idea?
Im wondering will it raise the height between the fork and the headset and lift the front too much?

above the headtube I dont care as Im tall almost 6'5 so will be putting spacers above the handlebar anyway....

Just wondering if its an ok as im looking at my other bike here and theres not much of the headset sticking out under the headtube....

Spec,
08, Socom size Large (1.5 headtube)
Fork '07 888 rc2x WC (1 -1/8)

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
I'd say don't drop do it... I tried to setup my Socom in a similar way. CC Double XC headset I had lying around(which I ended up measuring stack against a CK Devolution -- pretty close). Tried to set that up with both an 08 ATA and 06 RC2X... both were a nogo.... needed a drop crown if I wanted to run one of those headsets.
I'd say go with a low stack: e13 reducer with a CC IS2 (what I setup) or a Sunline V1 reducer.
40's are a different story... obviously.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Does anyone have any exact stack height measurements for a 1 1/8th King Threadless HS and a Sunline V1 DH headset? I'm considering switching out the King for the Sunline. With a 5" headtube and the King headset, the stem cap, and no spacers, I have maybe .075-100" of room between the top of the upper crown and the top of the stanchion on my '08 888 ATA. With the '06 and '07 888's I had previously, the upper crown would fit perfectly flush with the top of the stanchion (nice...). This is all with the lower crown adjusted flush with the top edge of the min. line marking on the stanchion.