Quantcast

Intense Tazer 4X

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
looks mighty purty to me. i wonder how many will be in the only batch they make

Intense has combined their long time commitment to racing with the new 2nd generation VPP suspension platform to create the ultimate gated racing weapon, The New Tazer VP. Designed around the world cup winning geometry that has become synonymous with Intense race bikes over the years, this new design features 80-100mm of adjustable rear wheel travel, a 1.5 headtube and new angular contact bearings with grease ports for ease of maintenance.

http://www.nsmb.com/3475-intense-tazer-4x

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Yes, it is nice indeed... BUT the TT is too short for riders (like me) 6" or over...

!xobile

Chimp
Nov 13, 2007
Boulder, CO
I really like mine. It was a noticeable improvement from my SX. I'm about 6', and there are times when it does feel a little short, but overall i'd say the length is about right for me.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
im still trying to get used to a 4X bike. im 6' 2" and everything seems so small in the TT are.
i chose my bike b/c of its longer TT length
Intense only makes the Tazer with a 22TT (as rollertoaster pointed out). It's a one size only "small" bike.

My Morewood Ndiza has 23.81TT (605mm) and feels just about right.

22 for somebody 6" or over is pushing it a bit

Hope they make a "longer" version 'cause it really looks like a killer bike

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Picking one up for my mrs' tomm.
Needless to say she is pumped, She might race it this weekend in the 4X at tucky, if they even have chicks racing there?

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
Intense only makes the Tazer with a 22TT (as rollertoaster pointed out). It's a one size only "small" bike.

My Morewood Ndiza has 23.81TT (605mm) and feels just about right.

22 for somebody 6" or over is pushing it a bit

Hope they make a "longer" version 'cause it really looks like a killer bike
According to that release, they're making two sizes.

Based on market feedback, The 2010 Tazer VP will be offered in 2 sizes based on top tube length and 3 colors.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
"Based on market feedback, The 2010 Tazer VP will be offered in 2 sizes based on top tube length and 3 colors."

Great! Good news for the 'taller' people out there.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Lookin good! My Tazer remains one of the most fun bikes I've ever owned, it was pretty versatile to boot, it just wasn't too sweet on climbs and long training rides, and with no 4x or DS races around here really I sold it to get a more practical xc bike. I ride it more but the Tazer was definitely more fun to slam into corners.

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
HT version? Pics? I thought it was only made as a prototype. JD Swanguen had one at one point if I remember correctly
I think intense released something a while back that they would be producing the HT version. To stay competitive though, the frame will be made in Taiwan