Quantcast

Intense Tires?

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Loosen up the whole tire a lot. Pull the bead as far as possible away from the rim. Then buy steel levers, you could find them at a MX store or Kenda sells them. Then crank.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
actually on 729s there are dead easy. first get the whole of the tire off the bead, the just pinch on one part of the tire and hold it sop that the wheel is vertical and your the part that you are holding is the highest part, then just work your way form the bottom of the tire and shake it around so that you would end up with quite a bit of space between the tire and the rim, you should be able to get it off with normall tire leavers now. its works soo well that you can take off the second bead without and tire leavers at all.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol wood dog welcome to the world of a dh casing and a steel bead. once you get them on and off for the first time its easier from there on out. ohh and you will be thinking the stiffness on those high speed corners and threw the rougher sections cause well that stiff bead is what keeps the tires from folding under.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah make sure they are at room temp and squirt some warm water in there - a water bottle helps - I don't need to use soap but if it's really sticky soap (like dish liquid) will help.

jmtf40

Chimp
May 30, 2005
Intense 2.7's can be tough. They gave me a little trouble when I was running 729's, but when I switched to 721's: with metal levers, it was so hard to get the tire off, my rim bent. What worked for me, is I just shook the tire and pushed the bead in on both sides, all around the rim to the center. With intense tires, think baby steps as you work your way around, like move the lever to the side in 1/4 inch increments, until it starts to free up some. I never had any problems with 2.5's