Quantcast

Intense VPX finally in - Pic.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
quick, i'll trade you a rat trap for the frame, it looks like their moving in on you.... hurry... hand over the frame. :thumb:

Masse

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
Finland
Hnnnng... I`ve ordered a medium Uzzi Vpx in sky blue pearl, and haven`t yet received it. Can`t-wait-any-longer. :love:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I love that color :love: Nice fork choice even it's just for the picture...

Gotta say though it's a little spammy to post your inventory in here, although it could inform a monkey that you have a bike they want. I don't care but don't be surprised if someone flames away. :)

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I see it more of a public service than spam. Looks really good but a little too pricey for a cheap date like me. I have to wait until it becomes old stock.

So when they say it will do 150 or 135 spacing, is it either/or? Howz that work? Different rear parts?

Chris

dondon

Monkey
Spam maybe - but as far as i know people have been waiting months if not a year for that frame to come out - (and the fork) - its not like im posting our close out ****e, we have a couple and after that im sure intense will be sold out again for a couple of months - The heading says "Just In" - so the magic of the internet means if you are not interested - dont click on it. Freedom of choice ... But while im at it we also have some good deals on ...... :-)

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
punkassean said:
Nice fork choice even it's just for the picture...

I'm inclined to think the 36 isn't a great choice for a VPX. I haven't ridden either, but the 36 is a 6" travel air fork. While it may be a burly chassis, I think its the least DH/FR ish of the long travel single crowns. The VPX has 7.75" in back, so I think a 66 or Breakout + would be better matching single crowns.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I like to pedal so for me a light fork like the 36 would take advantage of the awesome platform but I see where you are coming from.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
to say it as corny as possible;

that bike pedals like a cross country bike and takes the hits like a downhill rig.

whew.

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
That’s one fine sled 4sur. Wish I would have got that color. Mine will be here next week.

Just wondering if I could get some build advice form those who have build this frame up already.

It's a 73mm BB right? Mine is going to have the Saint 150mm rear and it seems that Shimano recommends 83mm BB for this hub. Is anyone running the Saint 150mm rear on this frame with the Saint cranks? What BB and chain device are you running? I want to run Evil or MRP, any recommendations?

pce,