Quantcast

Interbike 2011- Let us know what you want to see

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Thanks for the updates. In the DB Air article, it says air damped shocks have had a lot of attention lately, and Cane Creek worked hard on this model... the DB Air does not have air damping, its oil damping, just like the coil sprung DB.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Thanks for the updates. In the DB Air article, it says air damped shocks have had a lot of attention lately, and Cane Creek worked hard on this model... the DB Air does not have air damping, its oil damping, just like the coil sprung DB.
Its almost frustrating trying to get this through peoples heads. Even though its an air shock, its just the SPRING that is air.... :rant: :rant:

Could you imagine with the progress we are finally making on the front of independent circuits and hi-lo bypasses with oil damping what crap an actual air-damped shock would feel like (AD-5 anyone...)?

Last edited:

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Any chance you could take shots of any neck brace compatible spine guards or armour kicking about? I think alpinestars and O'Neal have something out, but the more options the better. Hopefully a stand-alone spine guard will come out that will stop me slicing up my tops or having thoughts of brutalising my Dainese guard with a stanley knife.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Any chance you could take shots of any neck brace compatible spine guards or armour kicking about? I think alpinestars and O'Neal have something out, but the more options the better. Hopefully a stand-alone spine guard will come out that will stop me slicing up my tops or having thoughts of brutalising my Dainese guard with a stanley knife.
Dirt mag claims poc is compatible. Read that issue with body armour comparison.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Dirt mag claims poc is compatible. Read that issue with body armour comparison.
Haven't bought Dirt for a good while now, but I'll look into it. I think I remember reading that POC was compatible, or you could cut a chunk out of it or something. Either way, it's still pretty pricey and I hear POC's durability is questionable. A £50 plastic spine guard with a 'U' shape cut out at the top would do me fine. Cheers for the suggestion though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Haven't bought Dirt for a good while now, but I'll look into it. I think I remember reading that POC was compatible, or you could cut a chunk out of it or something. Either way, it's still pretty pricey and I hear POC's durability is questionable. A £50 plastic spine guard with a 'U' shape cut out at the top would do me fine. Cheers for the suggestion though.
I recently purchased a POC VPD Spine Tee...running it with a leatte brace and it was a bit odd at first, really felt like i had to use the belt on the vest to pull it down some on my back so the leatte would sit properly with the vest.

Any setup tips would be great...it seemed to work pretty well but there was room for improvement.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/glory/9039/48911/

yeah, ive seen those already but they looks like crap. it looks like something SRAM had 10+ years ago on their mid-range products.

these are the new XX's

2nded.
i think its also stupid that Outerbike is is less then a month after I-Bike and in Utah :think:
they really need to have something on the east coast again for those that cant make it to the hell hole called LV

Specialized Blackbox Gripshift | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6151/6149300363_50a811659c_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6149300363@@AMEPARAM@@50a811659c

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
jebus why do people still use flickr? It is so damn hard to look through it compared to picassa.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
jebus why do people still use flickr? It is so damn hard to look through it compared to picassa.
Picasa is driving me nuts right now because I can't figure out how to modify them just yet. Flickr's menu's and tools are more "obvious" to me currently. For some reason, I've got Flickr, Photobucket and Picasa.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Picasa is driving me nuts right now because I can't figure out how to modify them just yet. Flickr's menu's and tools are more "obvious" to me currently. For some reason, I've got Flickr, Photobucket and Picasa.
Picasa is easy to learn but their online browser is just so much better and faster. Flickr really feels so 56kbps ;)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This just in. I want those new Michelin tubes!!!
they do look pretty cool. lighter than a real DH tube and more flat protection than a regular AM tube. I'd love to try them out and run less pressure. I kind of hope they release one without sealant, as that would be lighter and it sounds like it has plenty of flat protection without the sealant. Wheels is one place I do like to save weight.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Is there an IXS booth? If so, can you get some info on this helmet?

They showed them in spring at the dirtmasters. Looks interesting.
Ixs video with the helmet details will be up soon.

For browsing flickr, just click on the first picture then it is as easy as clicking the next button. How hard is that??

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I wonder if it will be offered in 3C / Super Tacky and 2 ply? Or maybe this Tubeless Ready construction will be pretty tough?

Could be a game changer...
I think I read that all the TR (tubeless ready) models coming out are using their UST bead... That's disappointing unless they've strengthened it somehow.