Quantcast

Interbike (day two) pics

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What the hell are those tire balls and the new turner looks sweet.
dont know what to think about the tire balls yet, heard they deform your tire a little after a while and not sure how much it weighs but I know a wheels set with those mounted would come in super handy on some gnar gnar race courses since you can run them with uber low pressure and no worries of flats or losing beads.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
That Foes looks bitchin'. I want one. What's the consensus on these bikes? I don't think I've seen a single thread about 'em here.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dont know what to think about the tire balls yet, heard they deform your tire a little after a while and not sure how much it weighs but I know a wheels set with those mounted would come in super handy on some gnar gnar race courses since you can run them with uber low pressure and no worries of flats or losing beads.
Tire balls have been used super effectively on lots of moto and quad riding stuff for awhile now. I've been trying to get my hands on a set for a dh tire for awhile now.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Tire balls have been used super effectively on lots of moto and quad riding stuff for awhile now. I've been trying to get my hands on a set for a dh tire for awhile now.
im sure they work alright for those applications but what about something like DH where we are always changing preasure depending on conditions?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
im sure they work alright for those applications but what about something like DH where we are always changing preasure depending on conditions?
moto racers change air pressure just as much as dh racers. I can feel a 1psi difference in my MX bike. It takes about a 2-3 psi difference for me to feel it on the DH bike. That is probably since both are about a 10% change.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Fras - wasn't there a thread about Tire Balls about a year ago? I could swear that someone here at RM was talking about crossing over with this technology from Quads to DH....

Interesting that it's at I-Bike this year...

So the purpose is to reduce pinch-flats, but I wonder how much rotational weight do they add over a regular DH tube?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
good question, they had more non bike related items than bikes.

actually i think they only had 2 or 3 bikes.

I bought a really nice shower head and a garage door opener from them though.
Now thats funny. Maybe one day they will wake up and smell the coffee. Or maybe they could sell coffee. Now thats an idea. :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
That Foes looks bitchin'. I want one. What's the consensus on these bikes? I don't think I've seen a single thread about 'em here.
Expensive... not-too-heavy... and always beautiful.

Lovely bikes. Bomb-proof Curnutt shocks.

One the scale of $ to $$$$$... I give it a $$$$$$$$$$$$.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
They have called me a couple of times to test for them and I can never seem to find the time. If I hear back from them, I will forward them on to you.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
One of the guys at the Snowshoe bike shop was running tire balls atleast at the first race of the series this year. I forgot his name, he rides a yellow Kona Stab with lots of lynseed oil on it.