Quantcast

Interbike, who's going?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I really want to go again this year but none of my buddies seem interested, and I'm poor, poor, poor. :help:
I'm thinking about flying down sunday night 10/3, outdoor demo mon 10/4, outdoor demo tues 10/5, interbike show wed 10/6 and fly back. If I can get a few people together the hotel rates will be cheaper, maybe I can put a whole travel / hotel package together and get the price down. I'm not really the expert on this stuff but I'll probably be able to figure it out.

Of course you need to be able to get your own Interbike pass fom a bike shop or bike company.

I'm in Portland. Maybe if you don't live real close you could drive here and do some local riding before flying out sunday night. :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Wanted to go, but am also POOR. well at least no money for a trip like that.

Have fun if you do make it.... Also you dont need a hotel in vegas... just crash other peoples places as you stumble from after show events..... Vegas never sleeps!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
My fiance and I snuck in once with assistance from a fellow monkey.

It was the '01 Interbike. Just saw the show in the convention center.....After getting in we had no passes and made a quick loop through the rows and after a few hours we headed out....saw Robin Williams walk past us with his groupies. I was kind of confused but I turned and stared and one of his straggling groupies said "yes it's him" :D My fiance walked right by him and never saw him...I had to point him out accross the lobby. He is a rather short man....he comes off taller on TV. :)

I don't see myself going again, but I did want to see what the show had. The Fiance and I spent the rest of the week seeing the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Salt flats un Utah, etc.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'll be there! I'm stoked. I've been three times and worked it as an exhibitor. That part sucked! Vegas for two weeks isn't really a good time.

I'll get as much swag as I can, but there isn't as much as in years past. The bike industry is getting tighter and smarter. Anyway, I'll give a full report upon my return. I'll try and sneak pics if I can!

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
TWISTED said:
I really want to go again this year but none of my buddies seem interested, and I'm poor, poor, poor. :help:

Of course you need to be able to get your own Interbike pass fom a bike shop or bike company.

I'm in Portland. Maybe if you don't live real close you could drive here and do some local riding before flying out sunday night. :thumb:

If I could get a pass, I would consider going.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Anybody?
I'm not so crazy that I would go down there without a confirmed place to crash. I needs my sleep to recharge for the next day.
I'm looking forward to the dirt demos at Bootleg Canyon.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Twisted, are you still looking for roomies for the show? My GF and I are thinking of going, passes are not a problem, and I'll probably know today if I can force my boss to let me go. Circus Circus for $41 a night? That's not bad at all......

Airfare is cheap, so that's good too.
MAybe we can share a room till the 6th, I'll be trying to go from the 5th through the 8th, unless I stick around for the weekend and go to Big Bear with the Old Lady to see her cousins.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
I got a round trip ticket for $98 from Reno and back. My girlfriend and I are both going. Anyone know how far this Circus Circus place is from the convention center?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Captain Crunch said:
Twisted, are you still looking for roomies for the show? My GF and I are thinking of going, passes are not a problem, and I'll probably know today if I can force my boss to let me go. Circus Circus for $41 a night? That's not bad at all......

Airfare is cheap, so that's good too.
MAybe we can share a room till the 6th, I'll be trying to go from the 5th through the 8th, unless I stick around for the weekend and go to Big Bear with the Old Lady to see her cousins.
Yeah, still looking for roomies. Circuc Circus is supposed to be 1 mile from the show. I think they have a shuttle that goes back and forth between the two, maybe it even picks us up to go to the Bootleg Canyon dirt demo, not sure.
I've got a buddy who's got a piece of carpet with my name on it wed. 10/6-10/9.
I haven't tried a travel agency yet, I better do that to see if I can save $.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Captain Crunch said:
I went ahead and planned a trip on Travelocity. For those still looking, for a trip from the 5th to the 9th (checkout that AM), cost us $294 per person.
Where you guys staying?
I just hooked myself up. Fly down Sunday 10/3 afternoon, relax in the pool at Rodeway Inn. Monday and Tuesday hit the dirt demo, Wednesday the indoor show and hang out till my flight home at midnight.
My deal was $317 roundtrip and three nights hotel.
I'm all excited about the trip. :dancing:

Anybody need a place to crash?