Quantcast

Interested???

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Hey all you Colorado :monkey:'s

Would anyone be interested in doing a long'ish :monkey: ride this summer sometime. I was thinking maybe riding Frisco -> Gold Hill -> Miners trail -> Copper Mt -> Frisco. Then brews and food in Frisco after the ride. It would be cool to get everyone together and such.

What do you guys think???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Morryjg

Would anyone be interested in doing a long'ish :monkey: ride this summer sometime. I was thinking maybe riding Frisco -> Gold Hill -> Miners trail -> Copper Mt -> Frisco. Then brews and food in Frisco after the ride. It would be cool to get everyone together and such.

absolutely. Just not until after July 10. Is this a one day or multi-day ride?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Your ideas intrigue me... I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter! But I would like to know the mileage and/or difficulty of said ride you propose before I commit fully... just to make sure I am not getting into something over my head where I would hold the group back you know...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Full Trucker
...just to make sure I am not getting into something over my head where I would hold the group back you know...
no worries bro. As long as you believe with proper water and food that you can ride all day, I'll stick with you. I say that as if I'm actually fast :D

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
It's a day ride. I have not done the piece going down to Copper and then the bike path back to Frisco yet. I'll bug some friends of mine that did the ride a year ago for some more details. I think they started early and were done early afternoon. And, there shall be no leaving people behind. It's a group ride and all about just getting out, riding, and having some fun. (and beers!) I figured it would be later in the summer just so it would be easier to try to fit it into everyone's schedule. But, we gotta plan it now.

:cool:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Slick50
Commitment depends on mileage...
you people need to road bike once in a while :D

Speaking of which... anyone doing Elephant Rock this weekend? If ya are, we're getting breakfast... come join us.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The ride is pretty moderate until you hit the Miner's Creek trail. Be prepared for hike-a-bike. Lots of it. Mileage is not too bad - about half of the mileage is bike path back to Keystone. Downhill from Miner's to Copper is steep and FAST. Beware of possibility of many, MANY hikers on that portion. Keep speed in check.

How about this one - Keystone->Gold Hill->Miners->Copper->Serle Pass->Kokomo Pass->Camp Hale->Ptarmagin Pass->Copper? Might recommend a shuttle at Copper, though to eliminate all that rotten bike path, though. ;)

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by neversummersnow
I'm always down for big days on the road bike...
uhh FYI, jack and mike are talking about an epic MTB ride, not road. Hell, I don't think they even know what a road bike is.

Anywho, my friends and I road bike at least one day on the weekend every weekend and do 40-60 miles, so if you're ever free, let me know.

PS: I'm not very fast, but I can ride for hours, so if you're fast, you should hook up with guys like Triphop. He lives up by ya.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I think we are looking at around 40 miles total. It will be a monster climb, but that's all good! It sounds like there's enough people interested in doing it to work on planning it. I'm voting for late July or early August. That will give us enough time to pick a day and hold it. I'll get some more info on the ride and post it in CO Locals later on. I'm going to be gone for a couple of weeks on vacation starting next week. So, if someone wants to jump on the initial planning go for it. Otherwise, I'll start yapping about it again at the end of June.

:D

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Originally posted by LordOpie
jack and mike don't even know what a road bike is.
Mike has no clue what a roady is for. I was raised riding road. I still have my first roady hanging in the garage that I bought with my own $$. ('86 Schwinn Supersport) I have a Specialized Allez that I use for commuting and occasionally get out on to crank miles on. Everyone I ride with shun road riding and it's more fun to get out and ride with friends so I spend most of my riding time on the mt bike or on the trials bike. We'll have to get together and do a little road some day. I don't know that my legs are up for anything over 50 though. :rolleyes: They need to be but are not.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Morryjg said:

I'm in. I've always wanted to do the back side of that thing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
bean said:
I'm intrigued, however, I wouldn't to hold anyone back.
I say we split into two groups -- unless everyone wants to ride slow. I will definitely not be riding fast.

My only thought to anyone interested is... do NOT join in if you don't have the endurance to make it.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
If it was road, i would be interested in at least trying. I don't know how long the knee would hold up yet. But the mountain bike I think is still out of my league..till next year.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
uhh FYI, jack and mike are talking about an epic MTB ride, not road. Hell, I don't think they even know what a road bike is.
<snip>
What the hell is this "road" bike you keep referring to?!? Cut it out. Makes me feel all left out. :D

And the ride won't really be "epic" - just a nice long ride in the mountains....

-S.S.-