Quantcast

interior trailer plans, got any?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
So I'm picking up a new trailer this weekend, and have a bunch of ideas how to do the inside, but thought I'd ask you all if you had ideas, maybe I could get some others that might work out better that I hadn't thought of myself...

so it's a 6 foot wide X 6 feet 3 inches high x 12.5 feet long.....

So let me have em... gonna try and get the inside done this weekend...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crushed velvet on every surface with recessed multi-colored mood lighting and playboy bunny shaped bubble windows on the side.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
slcpunk21 said:
guess you missed it in the first post..

6 feet wide
6 feet 3 inches high
12.5 feet long

(this is the interior dimensions)
I just looked at the pictures..... it's faster that way.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
SkaredShtles said:
Isn't the horse$hit gonna make a mess of that nice plywood floor?? :confused:

-S.S.-
You mean the stuff that stickes to my mtb tires? :confused:

Nah, I plan on putting down a floor covering like tile or something like that so stuff doesn't stick to it..

Like I said ideas on all this would be great! :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
slcpunk21 said:
You mean the stuff that stickes to my mtb tires? :confused: <snip>
You mean that's *not* a horse-trailer?? ;)

If it's a bike trailer, I gotta say - it looks like a crapload of overkill....... or are you gonna sleep in it? If so, fold-down cots from the walls would be a nice touch.

-S.S.-

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
SkaredShtles said:
You mean that's *not* a horse-trailer?? ;)

If it's a bike trailer, I gotta say - it looks like a crapload of overkill....... or are you gonna sleep in it? If so, fold-down cots from the walls would be a nice touch.

-S.S.-
Yeah dude it's a bike trailer! Plan on lots of trips up to whistler with alot of guys (help split gas costs) and my Dad is being super crazy awsome nice and said he'd buy it for us as a going away present! Can you believe that?

So I got a dirtbike and many mtn bikes (then if you add in the girlfriends bikes) it all adds up to really liking having the extra room in there! And it's tall enough to use as a "shop" on race day when it's raining. And we'll be living in a small apt. so this is gonna kinda be our mobile garage too.

Yeah, I've been thinking about fold up cots!

Oh also this thing is being used for our move, so it's totally usefull that way too!

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Crashby said:
yea... whats it for? Bikes, go-carts, goats, ATV, haulin chickens, hookaz?

MTN bikes, Dirtbikes, tools/mobile shop.....

I think we are gonna try and build cabinets inside too... and maybe a linolium (spelling?) floor would be better than tile.. no cracks for stuff to get stuck in then..

My Dad's a carpenter, so he can do all that, heck I think he's more geeked on this thing than I am.. HAHA.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Work bench across teh front and storage under that....maybe one side shelves teh other open for larger items. A vise....oh and a light in the corner above cuz you can never have to much ight when wrenching.

Fold down cots are nice.

Secure tie down points...more if it already has them becuase you don't want to worry about the a motorbike in the back driving XC.

A rack/bin on top of the trailer? For added storage?

Don't go to crazy with cabinets....hang wire deep wire baskets that can be moved around to make it versitile. Cabinets are going to get beat around a bunch and eat up space quick.

Make it versitile as possible.

WHen you coming out here exactly....when will you be in SEattle/Bellingham area?

Rhino

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
RhinofromWA said:
Make it versitile as possible.

WHen you coming out here exactly....when will you be in SEattle/Bellingham area?

Rhino
Yeah, I have been tossing ideas around like what you said... The cabinets won't be all over.. just thinking a set up front under the work bench... and leave the sides open to hang stuff from.. was even thinking maybe pegboard somewhere so I can have movable shelves.

Also since this thing is big enough, I'm thinking about making something to hold the cap from the bed of my truck from.. maybe wall brackets to hold the hole cap up off the floor when it's being stored, that way if need be I could still use the floor for bikes and whatnot... (but more than likely the cap is always gonna be on my truck now (since I don't need the bed for the MX bike anymore)

good point on the light! Didn't think about something over the work bench!

Also now thinking maybe making brackets on the door so when it's down I can put up a tent/awning (spelling?) over it, so I can leave it open on rainy days, and not feel like I'm locked inside with no view.. haha.

Also for tie downs I was thinking instead of having em mount in the floor, why not use two bars accross the floor instead that way they could act like wheel chocks and also give me basically an infinate number of places to tie down to.. so incase we get a big group using it there will always be room.. what yah think?

Hmm storage on top? hmmm... wonder how to mount something to the top without it leaking... I mean I know of ways to do it.. but still usually run into problems of stuff leaking.. I'd like to make the least mods to the outside so less water inside.. but once I get it I'll look into it, maybe there's a way!

Oh and we should be in the seattle/bellingham area on the 27th or 28th...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have the exact same trailer!

I've finished mine with a few things I had laying around... its not completed yet...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
A trailer cant be complete without at least a few dogs under the front porch, a car on blocks in the yard and a big #3 poster somewhere.

Oh, and watch out for tornados.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
slcpunk21 said:
was even thinking maybe pegboard somewhere so I can have movable shelves.
I don't know how strong peg board is and the baskets that hang from them when jostled around in teh back of a trialer.

Also since this thing is big enough, I'm thinking about making something to hold the cap from the bed of my truck from.. maybe wall brackets to hold the hole cap up off the floor when it's being stored, that way if need be I could still use the floor for bikes and whatnot... (but more than likely the cap is always gonna be on my truck now (since I don't need the bed for the MX bike anymore)
For temp storage sounds great.

Also now thinking maybe making brackets on the door so when it's down I can put up a tent/awning (spelling?) over it, so I can leave it open on rainy days, and not feel like I'm locked inside with no view.. haha.
http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com/mypage.html?pg=PITTENTS :D $199 for a easyup! He is in Vancouver BC.

Also for tie downs I was thinking instead of having em mount in the floor, why not use two bars accross the floor instead that way they could act like wheel chocks and also give me basically an infinate number of places to tie down to.. so incase we get a big group using it there will always be room.. what yah think?
How many bikes you going to be able to fit in there? 2-3 motorcycles I like the adjustability idea....maybe make the bars removeable when you don't need them so there is less to trip over.

Hmm storage on top? hmmm... wonder how to mount something to the top without it leaking... I mean I know of ways to do it.. but still usually run into problems of stuff leaking.. I'd like to make the least mods to the outside so less water inside.. but once I get it I'll look into it, maybe there's a way!

Oh and we should be in the seattle/bellingham area on the 27th or 28th...
Seal that baby up there. :D

My motorcycle club is riding out at Taneum Cr the weekend of the 26th/27th. There are a couple cool trails for MTB there too. Rat Pac and Ridge Roller....both shuttleable. Nothing super fancy just fun.

It is off I-90 about an hour and a half east of Seattle.
Tanum Funnnn-day!

Take I90 East
Take Elk Heights exit, just past Cle Elum & Indian John rest stop
At end of exit turn left (North over freeway)
Turn right at stop sign
Follow road, take first right (takes you back across freeway again (South)
After crossing freeway, take a right and follow
until you see campground on the left (back in woods)
Follow arrows to campsite

June Fun Day
Rob and Joyce reported the June fun day to be held the 26th and 27th at Tanum Junction. The first event will be at 10:00 a.m. Saturday and there will be a night ride. Sunday will be the build a boat and hope it floats race. NO DOG TOYS this year. You must find things around the camp to build it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
slcpunk21 said:
Make the attachment points on the side?

Make sure you have a way to secure stuff inside. Padlocks are easily cut and trailers door aren't very hard to get into.