• In the same building

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Never acceptable

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

splat

Nam I am
BAck at one of my first Jobs out of College, 2 weeks after I started a Very very attactive Girl started and was sitting in the Cube next to mine ! she also was just out of College. as Much as I wanted to ( and she was interested too ) we never went out :(

We actaully one day discussed it and decided it would be a bad Idea.

some times I look back and wonder if that was a mistake cause she was Smokin' !

but we did work together for a litlte over 4 years so it was probably the right move.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Echo said:
Don't sh!t where ya eat...
maybe his cafeteria is on a different floor than the toilet.....

In all seriousness I think it depends on the type of person you (and the other) are. I'm not necessarily friends with all my ex's but I can still get along with them and I don't feel the need to avoid them if I seem them. Now if you mistreat somebody you work with (if you're a playa) then it's sort of your own fault if anything bad happens. The safe bet is to just stay away, or keep it casual. You also have to be weary that she, or you, could end up in a supervisory position over the other, and you don't even want to think about the legal issues with that. just my 2 bits.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
It's been bad news for my roommate. Real bad. He doesn't work at his job anymore because of it.

And I told him. Guy never listens to me, but man I saw it coming. She was the devil.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
worked well for me
all be it, it was on a ski hill
so dunno if that counts

unless you screw eachother over when things dont work out
be adults about and it should be fine
just doint get caught shagging in the bathrooms ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Worked well for me, twice. First time wasn't a good relationship, but that wasn't the fault of work. Second time has been excellent so far :D - going on a year. No problems with the previous relationship being in my building, though.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Changleen said:
Do adults ask for relationship advice on internet forums? :rolleyes:
Are you kidding me? There are adults looking for spouses on the internet, a little tongue in cheek relationship advice is all good... :love: hahaha

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Personally, I think it is a bad idea. As a matter of fact, it is actually against my company's policy to fraternize with co-workers.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Interoffice dating is great until you break up, then it could be hell.
If she is constantly around you it will affect how you deal with other people. especially other female people. if you dont have to see/deal with her directly (ie she works in a different dept/floor) then it think it would be fine.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have done it twice, well the first time was as an intern, we were flirty as hell, went out a couple times...had tons of fun...then we got drunk and **** just went south one night i dunno, we didnt talk at all after that it was bad.

The other was with this cute girl that worked in my dept, first business trip, we were at a company drinking function, got a bit tipsy and had our fun...next day it was like nothing happened, really cool...but these are sorta hook ups not "dating"

i guess my point is it can go eitherway, just depends on the people involved's dynamic

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
It depends on the size of the company.... and situation..

In a small company probably ALWAYS a bad idea

A medium size company - choose wisely, how close do you work (physically and job related duties). The closer either is, the worse the idea is.

Large companies - definintly a no-no if you are on considerably different levels, whether you are a a direct supervisor (NEVER EVER appropriate) or even a few levels away. Also in the same department can get sticky. Other then that, there has been a lot of research and articles in the past few years that says for a corporate culture it can be a healthy thing. Some of the most common points are... In a corporate culture that embraces the fact that work is where we spend MOST of our lives, having a positive social aspect increases corporate morale.

Also... is she hot? :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
pics pics pics

i can see it now, run in snap a shot with a really bright flash, just tell her you wanted to put pics of her up on the internet to show your e freinds...you will get laid trust me...:thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
blt2ride said:
Personally, I think it is a bad idea. As a matter of fact, it is actually against my company's policy to fraternize with co-workers.
Same here. We sign a contract when hired on, and the first rule is no dating current employee's. There is enough stress and drama at work without having to deal with someone you work with.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stoney98 said:
I used to rock my intern. Mas fun pr favor.
We still see each other a bit sonce I left. It's quite sporting.
*My results were not quite typical though*

what were your results?

mine were good

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
I used to rock my intern. Mas fun pr favor.
We still see each other a bit sonce I left. It's quite sporting.
*My results were not quite typical though*

What is his name? :eviltongu

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
me: 3 times

#1 worked out fine but didnt last that long
#2 caused lots & lots of problems, then worked out really good, then more problems
#3 she worked for my compamy but in a different state, more problems but was pretty fun

oh wait, there was a 4th - how did I forget about her, that was fun but was short term, sorta

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I dated a coworker once. It didn't work out because she was really dumb and I could not stand it. It didn't cause any problems at work, other than giving the hens something to gossip about which really didn't bother me. She worked in a another department and we had no business interaction whatsoever.

For about a year MBC and I worked for the same company, but we were already a couple. We worked in separate buildings.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
the only pics I have are not acceptable for posting on RM. sorry guys.

-ms
bahahahhaa.... Stoney, come on man. I used to almost believe you but HONESTLY. Why do you even open your mouth (keyboard)??

Like if you are gonna take racey pictures you ONLY take racey pictures. :nopity:

And its not like we asked for her full name and ss#. You could of just said "Jen" or whatever and it would of sounded more believable. :nopity: :nopity:

I just hope this thread is still active when DHG, Loco and SS get online so they can appreciate the fun

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why do you think I leave my comments short and vague? I know what I am going to do already, but I want to see where this goes...

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
met my wife when she was a summer intern. didn't start dating until she left the company.

there were quite a few people dating at the company with 500+ employees.
one couple had been dating for a while and things were going well until the girls husband found out and called a bomb threat (pre 9/11).