Quantcast

introducing myself...

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
sup everyone..

quick bio: almost 29 yrs old. born/raised in east la until 4, parents wanted my bros and i to live in a better neighborhood, so moved out to OC at age 5. lived there until 18, moved to the bay area for college, and moved back to socal just recently (august 2008). now living in an apt in west la/culver city/beverly hills area with my girlfriend.

i ride a pretty old intense uzzi dh (complete with my own custom paintjob!). it's running an equally old marzocchi super T, king hubs and headset.. blackspire crankset.. fsa bottom bracket.. azonic 2.5" rise bars.. hayes hfx-9 brakes.. and wouldn't ya know it.. it's been THAT long since i've ridden.. i can't remember all of its specs anymore! wtf.

i used to ride a lot more up north, but living down here, i'm lost as to what's available. nor do i know anyone who i can ride with. being that i haven't ridden in a while, i kinda need some buddies to push me to try stupid things i wouldn't be able to push myself into doing on my own.

so yeah, if anyone's interested in showing me around, let me know! just a warning; my skills are pretty damn rusty, so i gotta take it easy first before i get my groove back, so nothing TOO crazy. i'll be checking up on this thread again next week..

Last edited:

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
yeah that's cool. i look forward to getting back onto my bike.

i do mostly light dh, and even lighter freeride. i've done drops, doubles, ladders.. just nothing too extreme. i'm FAR from being pro-level, but i'm no rookie, either.

although i wouldn't mind working my way up to that level someday!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sorry for the lack of responses they are like that. Sometimes its a good flow other times its nill, go to the xc/dh style thread and go to the last page its the locals spot for whats going on. They just run in the old thread and it grows! Most rides seem to be Myspace, email, text and in hte last post of the xc/dh so its moving constantly just descreet.
Intro yourself in there and Im sure itll have a ride going on soon! :thumb: Im always down to ride and pretty loud about it! :D Id ride every day if I could, Oh yeah I almost can!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

awholelota

Chimp
Apr 29, 2004
sf bay
I'll vouch for mrcuevas. He used to ride with us up here in the bay. He even painted his uzzi in my garage. and... AND.. he has a truck! make him use it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'll vouch for mrcuevas. He used to ride with us up here in the bay. He even painted his uzzi in my garage. and... AND.. he has a truck! make him use it.
money! we always need another truck monkey.

there are plenty of riders in the OC and LA area. check the XC ride DH style thread that is a billion years old and has even more pages. lots of us use that for coordinating rides.

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
ha! nice to see that this thread's finally getting some posts!

as for the custom paintjob, i fell in love with the snow camo job that intense did on one of its uzzi's way back when. it was then that i decided that i wanted one just like it. it's far from professional looking, but hey, it was my first attempt at painting ANYTHING, so i like it. ;)

and as for the truck thing, don't get too excited.. it's just a mid-size nissan frontier with the short bed.. although we WERE able to fit 6 bikes back there somehow for a shuttle run back up in the bay.

and yeah, i'll hit up the XC ride DH style thread to see what's goin on in my neck of the woods.. i really wanna get back on my rig sometime soon!

Last edited:

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
sadly i couldn't go riding this weekend; had to help some people move. it's obligatory when you own a pickup. ;) ... thanks for the invite tho, abstrak.

i needed new riding shoes anyway. i think my original pair got lost somewhere in the move. i'll be gettin me a pair of these pretty soon from my boy at www.ridesfo.com

i love gettin new stuff! =D

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
wtf. ppl are running flat xc-type bars for dh now?? to me, that doesn't make any sense.

but maybe i'm just old-school like that. HAHA

mrcuevas

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
hell yeah; almost everything about me is oldschool. my rig, my gear, etc. and yeah, that's my N* ticket - i consider it like a badge of honor. haha

except for maybe my shoes which should be arriving at the end of this week.. woohoo!

i saw abstrak's videos in some thread somewhere. anyone know where that was shot at? those trails seem to be at my kind of level.. until i work myself up higher. lol