Quantcast

Introduction & Pic of New Bike

scarydriver

Chimp
Aug 11, 2008
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey All,

New here, and wanted to introduce myself! I'm just getting back into mountain biking after many years away, and decided to build up a DH bike after a friend gave me a great deal on a used frame. I've been riding it around a few local trails, and loving it so far, but no DH yet. I can't wait to actually get it into it's element, though! (Holy hell, climbing on this bike sucks! I think I need a 2nd bike!)

Anyway, on to the bike. As I said, I got the frame used from a friend, and the fork was picked up used from the classifieds. Everything else was bought new. Here's a list of the build if anyone is curious:

Frame: Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho R
Fork: 2005 Rockshox Boxxer Race
Wheelset: Azonic Outlaw
Brakes: Avid Code 5
Crank: 2009 Saint
Chainring: E.13 Guide Ring DH 36T
Chain Guide: E.13 LG-1
Derailleur: 2009 Saint Short Cage
Shifter: 2009 Saint
Headset: FSA Orbit IS
Handlebars: Sunline V-One OS
Grips: Sunline Logo Lock-On
Stem: Sunline Direct Mount
Pedals: Wellgo WAM-B67
Cassette: SRAM PG-970
Tires: Maxxis DHF/DHR 2.5

And the obligatory pic (which sucks, I know!):

See you out there!

Neil

giffels

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
Nice ride that is def the best frame to get into dh with, just watch for cracks on the "cage that goes around the shock ( the pice that connects the seat tube to the downtube) my buddys cracked at the weld there and iron horse has done nothing to warrenty it

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Thats an especially good condition bike considering it is an IH...I would expect paint chipping to be an issue by now.

scarydriver

Chimp
Aug 11, 2008
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks all! I'm lovin it so far, and am very happy with it.

I'll be sure to roll the bars back a little... I'm still new to DH, so I don't exactly know the optimum setup.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments!