Quantcast

IRC Rally Monte Carlo - Vouilloz for the win!

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
He's looking good so far. He really needs to impress after being dropped by Peugeot for 2010.

Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Mikko Hirvonen Ford 2h24m37.0s
2. Juho Hanninen Skoda + 1m08.5s
3. Nicolas Vouilloz Skoda + 1m37.6s
4. Sebastien Ogier Peugeot + 1m41.9s
5. Bruno Magalhaes Peugeot + 5m03.2s
6. Franz Wittmann Peugeot + 5m23.7s
7. Stephane Sarrazin Peugeot + 5m37.2s
8. Guy Wilks Skoda + 6m00.7s
9. Toni Gardemeister Abarth + 6m41.4s
10. Jan Kopecky Skoda + 6m47.2s

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Yeah but you gotta remember that Vouilloz is racing at a different level, he started way to late and never had the backing to give WRC a crack.

Besides which as long as Loeb's still competing just about no one else (with the exception of Mikko) is winning in a WRC stacked field.
Not to mention that I really feel top level rallying is lacking depth now, after the first four drivers (Loeb, Mikko, Latvala and Petter) the rest are really just journeymen... Nothing like the depth of talent you used to see from the late 80's right through to the turn of the century. Over the last few years I have preferred watching IRC as the level of competition is a lot closer.

Cordsport

Chimp
Feb 15, 2009
This has nothing to do with WRC, they are in entirely different cars. IRC is more of a stepping stone for upcoming drivers. The cars are Group N and A. And 3rd amongst names as respected as those in the top 10 is an amazing ressult. Full stop!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah but you gotta remember that Vouilloz is racing at a different level, he started way to late and never had the backing to give WRC a crack.

Besides which as long as Loeb's still competing just about no one else (with the exception of Mikko) is winning in a WRC stacked field.
Not to mention that I really feel top level rallying is lacking depth now, after the first four drivers (Loeb, Mikko, Latvala and Petter) the rest are really just journeymen... Nothing like the depth of talent you used to see from the late 80's right through to the turn of the century. Over the last few years I have preferred watching IRC as the level of competition is a lot closer.
well said. im a Loeb fan, but every race is b/w him and Hirvonen. kinda boring to watch really if you arent a fan of the two drivers.

gav_dub100

Chimp
Aug 26, 2009
Dublin
I'm pretty sure nico won the IRC in 2008, not sure how last season went for him! If my memory serves me I also think he has one or two drives in WRC back when he first finished with DH but i dont think he did that great. Would be interesting to see how he would do in a WRC now though with a few years and an IRC championship under his belt!

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Well Vouilloz managed 3rd overall in the event, a great result in a car he doesn't have much experience with. Hopefully this will help him secure more drives for this years series.

Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Mikko Hirvonen Ford 4h32m58.5s
2. Juho Hanninen Skoda + 1m51.4s
3. Nicolas Vouilloz Skoda + 3m19.1s
4. Stephane Sarrazin Peugeot + 7m25.5s
5. Jan Kopecky Skoda + 8m48.7s
6. Guy Wilks Skoda + 9m24.5s
7. Bruno Magalhaes Peugeot + 9m45.4s
8. Jean-Sebastien Vigion Peugeot + 13m33.5s
9. Jaroslav Orsak Skoda + 21m16.6s
10. Andrej Jereb Peugeot + 25m26.1s

Final write up here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81031

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I'm pretty sure nico won the IRC in 2008, not sure how last season went for him! If my memory serves me I also think he has one or two drives in WRC back when he first finished with DH but i dont think he did that great. Would be interesting to see how he would do in a WRC now though with a few years and an IRC championship under his belt!
Theres a few youtube clips of him in the WRC, he crashed out a fair bit but this was i believe his 2nd year as a rally driver.