Quantcast

Iron Horse acquires an Irishman for St. Patricks Day:

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Iron Horse sucks. An American company with zero support of american racers. There is plenty of talent out there and they choose to support only foreign racers. I'm not saying that their support of Sam Hill, Sabrina, etc are not good investments, its just bull**** that they don't even have 1 true american on their team. **** them and their ****ty taiwanese bikes.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
thespackler said:
Iron Horse sucks. An American company with zero support of american racers. There is plenty of talent out there and they choose to support only foreign racers. I'm not saying that their support of Sam Hill, Sabrina, etc are not good investments, its just bull**** that they don't even have 1 true american on their team. **** them and their ****ty taiwanese bikes.
I don't even like IH but I can say that is ridiculous. :)

slobeone

Chimp
Dec 1, 2004
thespackler said:
Duncan Riffle happens to be an American. Bye Bye.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
thespackler said:
88 retarded post in a row.
Great Job.
Maybe Duncan Riffle is from Nigeria and I just did not get the memo.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
slobeone said:
Duncan Riffle happens to be an American. Bye Bye.
bye bye? Grow up freak. Since when is Duncan on IH? Even if he is, supporting only 1 american racer is still pure c r a p. Companies like IH are prime examples why DH racing is dead in the usa.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
How is this post retarded? You guys feel comfortable defending and supporting a company that neglects american racers, manufactures overseas, sells primarily online to megastores, and has one of the ****tiest warrantees in the business? Great job...its people like you that are supporting the demise of our sport.

slobeone

Chimp
Dec 1, 2004
thespackler said:
bye bye? Grow up freak. Since when is Duncan on IH? Even if he is, supporting only 1 american racer is still pure c r a p. Companies like IH are prime examples why DH racing is dead in the usa.
Duncan Riffle is riding for the Honda/Iron Horse squad. Bye Bye.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
thespackler said:
How is this post retarded? You guys feel comfortable defending and supporting a company that neglects american racers, manufactures overseas, sells primarily online to megastores, and has one of the ****tiest warrantees in the business? Great job...its people like you that are supporting the demise of our sport.
Simply because you are a troll.
You only come on here to blast riding places or bike companies.
You spewed all that BS garbage about Snowshoe all last year, and now you are here to trash Iron Horse, then you will go away.
Only to flare up again next spring like some sort of seasonal hemmorroid. Too bad there is no such thing as E-Tucks medicated pads.

dondon

Monkey
thespackler said:
Thats funny -my I.H. factory Sunday has a made in america sticker on it. and Duncan who is very american despite his Euro Tight jeans has already won two races on his galloping horse, in the all american town of Fontucky.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
thespackler said:
You're a dumbass. Do you not buy German or Japanese vehicles because of WWII? Everything is made overseas, get over it. Usually its better than the domestic crap.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
On the off chance this isn't Degoose:

...I'm not exactly sure if you've been following DH racing lately, but as I've said in the past - you couldn't beat a foreign racer with an American, even if you fired him out of a cannon pointed down the mountian. Sam Hill's potential is ridiculous. Beating everyone (Hannah, Kovarik, Rennie, Barel, Minaar) by 8 sec. at Schladming last year in the rain is proof of that. We've got some american riders w/ potential, but we're still not there yet.

Getting back on track: Ben Reid is a great contender for a UCI win, and a great rider. Big ups to Ben.:thumb: :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
trust me "degoose" doesn't know enough about racing/racers to spew this kind of crap. This guy at least knows some names and how to spell.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
thespackler said:
That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on the entirety of the internet, and that's saying something. Zero support of american racers? Yeah right. Besides that, if you guys would actually get off your arses and maybe win SOME OF YOUR OWN RACES then maybe you'd deserve sponsorship. This is a global market you moron, most people don't care who's riding for who as long as they're winning or doing well, which virtually NO americans are (on the world dh scene) at the moment. You know why "dh racing is dead in the usa"? It's because so many total wankers like yourself (and I see a lot of them on internet forums, although you're about the worst one so far) bitch and moan about patriotism and sponsorship instead of actually GETTING OUT THERE AND RIDING. OH NOES TEH BASTRADS RNT PAYIGN U 2 RIDE OMG LETS CRUECIFY THEM.

You know why there's a lot of French, English and Australian riders getting sponsored by American companies? Because that's where the fastest riders happen to come from. Nobody owes American riders anything just cos they're American. You want to have a cry about the bike biz? Come to Australia, watch guys get TOP TEN at a national champs and STILL not have any sponsors other than their LBS. No joke. OMG TEH AUSTRALIAN COMPANYS ARENT SUPORTING TEHM WHAT A BUNCH OF CUNTS. Wait, there aren't really any Australian companies (other than distributors/importers) whatsoever, and yet there are still a truckload of super fast riders at every race. Yeah it's all Iron Horse's fault that you, and I mean you personally, aren't a world champion. :rolleyes:

Besides that, shïtty Taiwanese bikes? ahahahaha. My mate's $6000au American-made M1 has had the hanger repaired twice (cos it's non-replaceable) and cracked the seatstays, another guy I know cracked his Turner in at least 2 places, I'm heavier than both of em put together (ok maybe not quite) and my SGS has had 1 derailleur hanger, some shock hardware and a pivot bolt replaced over the past 2 years. OH MY GOD, IT'S A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP IN COMPARISON TO BIKES THAT COST THREE TIMES AS MUCH... wait, no it isn't. Suck my balls.

Bati

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Santiago - Chile
thaflyinfatman said:
That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on the entirety of the internet, and that's saying something. Zero support of american racers? Yeah right. Besides that, if you guys would actually get off your arses and maybe win SOME OF YOUR OWN RACES then maybe you'd deserve sponsorship. This is a global market you moron, most people don't care who's riding for who as long as they're winning or doing well, which virtually NO americans are (on the world dh scene) at the moment. You know why "dh racing is dead in the usa"? It's because so many total wankers like yourself (and I see a lot of them on internet forums, although you're about the worst one so far) bitch and moan about patriotism and sponsorship instead of actually GETTING OUT THERE AND RIDING. OH NOES TEH BASTRADS RNT PAYIGN U 2 RIDE OMG LETS CRUECIFY THEM.

You know why there's a lot of French, English and Australian riders getting sponsored by American companies? Because that's where the fastest riders happen to come from. Nobody owes American riders anything just cos they're American. You want to have a cry about the bike biz? Come to Australia, watch guys get TOP TEN at a national champs and STILL not have any sponsors other than their LBS. No joke. OMG TEH AUSTRALIAN COMPANYS ARENT SUPORTING TEHM WHAT A BUNCH OF CUNTS. Wait, there aren't really any Australian companies (other than distributors/importers) whatsoever, and yet there are still a truckload of super fast riders at every race. Yeah it's all Iron Horse's fault that you, and I mean you personally, aren't a world champion. :rolleyes:

Besides that, sh&#239;tty Taiwanese bikes? ahahahaha. My mate's $6000au American-made M1 has had the hanger repaired twice (cos it's non-replaceable) and cracked the seatstays, another guy I know cracked his Turner in at least 2 places, I'm heavier than both of em put together (ok maybe not quite) and my SGS has had 1 derailleur hanger, some shock hardware and a pivot bolt replaced over the past 2 years. OH MY GOD, IT'S A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP IN COMPARISON TO BIKES THAT COST THREE TIMES AS MUCH... wait, no it isn't. Suck my balls.
100% d'acord.

The same happens here in Chile... just ask to fluidriders how fast are some guys here with almost 0 support

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Man a lot of anger in thespackler and little info about the facts. Besides the Taiwanese bikes IH also produces frames in the US for people want that so there is a choice for everybody.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
bizutch said:
quit quoting him in your responses...he's the only one on my ignore list and it's paying dividends right now.
He is on mine also. I can't believe this **** head is still here. Who the hell is running this place? :mumble:

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
To further derail this thread,
Iron Horse does more to promote DH in this country than most I think. In addition to the numerous riders they help out (unfortunantly, the US doesnt have any riders really at the level to compete witht he top dawgs, so of course their going to look elsewhere to get the best of the best), they've done a huge job with promoting the sport in general.
Here on the East Coast (their roots) they sponsor the Diablo Freeride Park, are putting on a race series at Mt Snow, and have rental fleets at atleast 2 other mountains. And they do sponsor a ton of riders, they just arent so much in the spotlight as their MadCatz team.
So hows that for zero support for american racing?...

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Pip3r said:
To further derail this thread,
Iron Horse does more to promote DH in this country than most I think. In addition to the numerous riders they help out (unfortunantly, the US doesnt have any riders really at the level to compete witht he top dawgs, so of course their going to look elsewhere to get the best of the best), they've done a huge job with promoting the sport in general.
Here on the East Coast (their roots) they sponsor the Diablo Freeride Park, are putting on a race series at Mt Snow, and have rental fleets at atleast 2 other mountains. And they do sponsor a ton of riders, they just arent so much in the spotlight as their MadCatz team.
So hows that for zero support for american racing?...
the gnar that is MiniChase. All hail.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Just to throw another spanner in the works....I dont think Ben Reid was sponsored by Iron Horse (could be wrong here) I thought he was sponsored by the UK importer of Iron Horse.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
klunky said:
Just to throw another spanner in the works....I dont think Ben Reid was sponsored by Iron Horse (could be wrong here) I thought he was sponsored by the UK importer of Iron Horse.
yes......says that in latest Dirt Mag UK....

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
Ian Collins said:
we get to claim him at nationals, but when it comes to worlds he races for aus......kinda crappy if you ask me
if you think about it, it was very clever of IH to sign HAvukainen so that if he ever won the Norba series, IH could claim that they had a NATIONAL champ. Even though he has always lived in Australia. Good thinking!

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
What has the stuff in this tread got too do with Gamut sponsering ben reid??????
Or have I missed something

trumbullrider

Monkey
Dec 12, 2005
CT
thespackler said:
Companies like IH are prime examples why DH racing is dead in the usa.
DH racing is growing, over 30 races in the easter US this season, new series start every year.

congrats Ben Reid