Quantcast

Ironhorse 6 as DH/slopestyle bike.

Xtreme

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
I'd like to build up an Ironhorse 6 point into something similar to this http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=14203&c=9 has anyone out there done this or get any pics?

The 68 degre headangle on the Ironhorse site, do you know what axle to crown height that's based on, would a Marzochi 66 knock it back to 67 degrees?

Is it right that the bb height is lower than the Sunday, so i would need 165mm cranks?

Thanks

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I spent some time on one and really liked it.

It is based around a 150mm (535mm A2C) fork. The 66 (2007) should kick it back to around 67 degrees - maybe a hair slacker. I ran a Lyric (545mm A2C) on mine and the BB height was right at 14" with Maxxis Minion 2.35 tires. 170mm cranks were fine at that BB height and yours would be a bit higher with the 66.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I rode a 6POINT at the US Open this weekend on Tempest and I had no problems at all with it. The head angle was fine for me.

Xtreme

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Cheers for that, I'nm just trying to work out if I am going to go for a Sunday as a race bike or a 6 point as a race/playbike as the hills aren't all that big in the UK.

As your on the thread have you got any info ont he new Ironhorse hardtail?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Cheers for that, I'nm just trying to work out if I am going to go for a Sunday as a race bike or a 6 point as a race/playbike as the hills aren't all that big in the UK.

As your on the thread have you got any info ont he new Ironhorse hardtail?
Sorry man, no info on the Iron Horse hardtail, you'll have to ask Todd about that but I think it's production was cancelled.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
DW, have you got any pics of your 6 point?
I think there have been some posted up in the past but I will see what I can do. Its raw colored with 6.4 graphics, a Lyric, DRS, 721's and FSA afterburner DH cranks.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
should work fine. or if your waiting, i wonder if Iron Horse will produce the "type" 6 in 2008? think it was a custom proto for sam hill? dont know much about it except, its sunday geo with 6 inches of travel

and for slopestyle im sure it would work just fine as well

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
IH doesn't plan on making any Type 6s, it's an "SSO" bike (Sam Special Order).

6points have been out for a while, and I see 'em at the races doin' fine.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
I rode a 6POINT at the US Open this weekend on Tempest and I had no problems at all with it. The head angle was fine for me.
Side note - I ripped around the bike and had a blast. I was pleasantly surprised by how the bike handled the trails with only 6 inches of travel. It felt like a more stable longer travel version of my Mark III. Oh.... wait..... ;)

Michael
e.thirteen