Quantcast

Irvine or Newport areas

DFoxracing

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Huntington beach
i may be doing an intership and living down in irvine or newport beach over summer. Can someone fill me in with what kind of trails are down there? any good dh trails or even better, good dirt jump spots? (don't tell me where they are, just if there is some good stuff in either of these areas)

R

Rabie

Laguna and Lake Forest are well known for dh and jumps, and both are very close to Irvine and Newport. You will not be hurting for good rides. But living in Irvine or Newport, unless you are independently wealthy, you will be hurting for money.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by DFoxracing
i may be doing an intership and living down in irvine or newport beach over summer. Can someone fill me in with what kind of trails are down there? any good dh trails or even better, good dirt jump spots? (don't tell me where they are, just if there is some good stuff in either of these areas)
Hey DFox, I live in Irvine. Enough said.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Aztomac
hey sanjay what days do you go jumping?
Hey Arizona Tomac,
I went jumping today, and will most likely go tomorrow. I have school MWF all day and Thursday morning, so I mix in a bit of jumping on the other days.

Aztomac

Chimp
Mar 17, 2002
Los Angeles
Hey Arizona Tomac
haha, good thing not many people know the truth behind that story. I can't go sundays, its my day with the lord. My only free day is monday afternoon. I guess ill keep you posted if my other days free up.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
danny,

how are you? i don't know jack sh1t about jumping, but i know of at least two decent shuttles off the top of my head.

andrew

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Originally posted by Metal
Hey Arizona Tomac,
LOL!

DFoxracing, hit me up when you are down here. Metal and I live in Irvine and there are a few other :monkey:s who live down here too. Let me know if you need a place to work on your bike while you are down here. By then I should have almost all the tools you will need (headset press, crown race installer and truing stand).

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
There's plenty of riding to be had locally; Laguna, LF, SH, Slater, Troy Lee... then there's Ted Williams, Tunnel, Woolsley, Big Bear etc.. for out of town day trips.