Quantcast

Is a 40lb V10 possible? Yes sir.

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
He chose the mini for the weight , so I guess that's why he's not running a 180mm rotor.
Bingo - Like I said earlier: Less Brake = More Fasterer :confused:!

No really - I haven't noticed the power fade and I'm consciously trying to stay off the rear brake so much, so I went smaller. The piston size is actually not much less than a Hayes anyway...

D-Dub - I'll lower that upper block a touch just for you!;)

prophet6

Chimp
Mar 25, 2002
North Easton, MA
Nice build, man. Not exactly what I'd do, but pretty rad none the less.

There was some talk about using a VPFree to ditch weight earlier in the thread, and I just wanted to address that.

I've spent considerable time on a VPFree, and it's not a DH race bike at all. The rear shock is set up entirely differently than a v10, and as a result, the bike feels nowhere near as stuck to the ground as a v10 does. In fact, it talking with the boys at SC, they told me that they messed with the geometery of the rear suspension to help riders boost off lips. In riding the bike, I can tell you that it jumps FAR better than a v10.

If you're going to dh and freeride the bike, then it's a rad bike. If you're going to dh race the thing, get a next generation v10.

p6

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
How much do you weigh, etc.?
220 - 6'2"

By the end of the season (Sept) I will probably be around 210.

I'm not a big drop "hucker" and basically do what I can to get down the hill as fast as possible.

PS: I'm also an Aquarius and like long walks on the beach. I'm also married, so look elsewhere for a prom date!:D

That was a joke.

Originally posted by HGR Frucci
220 - 6'2"

By the end of the season (Sept) I will probably be around 210.

I'm not a big drop "hucker" and basically do what I can to get down the hill as fast as possible.

PS: I'm also an Aquarius and like long walks on the beach. I'm also married, so look elsewhere for a prom date!:D

That was a joke.
aahhahahahaahah....long walks...hehehe that joke never gets old :D

B

bigkonarider

It's kinda fun & expensive to build a light dh ride.
But only sponsered or factory riders really can get away w/ it.
I like heavy & very SOLID....Big drops to flat are ok & my bike won't break...
It is a slug on pedally sections--but there shouldn't really be any on a DH anyway's that is flat or uphill..

ANYWAY"S ---It costs more to run a lightweight bike in my opinion.
Heavy is more stable in the air too "not like i get big air"
But C.Gracia like heavy DH tubes to help the bike be better in the air...etc,,
:monkey: :cool:
i'll be back !!