Quantcast

Is an ice cream cake...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My ex-wife could never understand how they could bake an ice cream cake without the ice cream part melting.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Ice cream cake is possibly the best thing in the entire world. I get alot of flack for being a full grown adult (i say that's questionable and I'm still fighting it) and demanding Carvel ice cream cake on my birthday. My mom always hooks it up when I'm home on the east coast but out west it's a little harder to find.

I never thought about it but I might damn well demand this on my wedding day too.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins Ice cream cakes are crappy and cheesy, but I have had some good ones from other places.

Coldstone Creamery made a good coffee one that had me twitching for 30 minutes.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
dfinn said:
Ice cream cake is possibly the best thing in the entire world. I get alot of flack for being a full grown adult (i say that's questionable and I'm still fighting it) and demanding Carvel ice cream cake on my birthday. My mom always hooks it up when I'm home on the east coast but out west it's a little harder to find.

I never thought about it but I might damn well demand this on my wedding day too.
Amen!

My family gets me a Carvel b-day cake when I'm back in FL at Thanksgiving.

Carvel rules!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LordOpie said:
Probably summer of 2007.
I hope gay marraiges are recognized in CO by then. As a cyclist it is very important to have heath insurance. Does your prospective spouse have a corporate/goverment job? Congrats by the way......

LittleBetty

e-stalker
Oct 24, 2005
Mile High State
LordOpie said:
a cheesy cake for a wedding cake?

I love me some ice cream cake.
Can't be serious???:rolleyes: Are you???
Cheesy??? What about not classy at all.
If your looking for inexpensive you should look at your local grocery stores, they often make cakes for half the fraction of bakeries and look just as nice.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LittleBetty said:
Can't be serious???:rolleyes: Are you???
Cheesy??? What about not classy at all.
If your looking for inexpensive you should look at your local grocery stores, they often make cakes for half the fraction of bakeries and look just as nice.
Its all relative. For LO it would be extremely classy.

say 10

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
NH
I went to a wedding in which the cake was really just a bunch of cupcakes, half of them choc and the other half vanilla. The grooms fam baked them as they were keeping the costs down.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
It's your wedding. Do whatever the hell you want. Seriously. My wife started getting all caught up in the right cake, the right food, the right location, etc. but finally realized that it was our day and we could do it any way we wanted. What we ended up with was a very laid-back event, where we and our guests had a great time.

For the record, we had cupcakes.

LittleBetty

e-stalker
Oct 24, 2005
Mile High State
say 10 said:
I went to a wedding in which the cake was really just a bunch of cupcakes, half of them choc and the other half vanilla. The grooms fam baked them as they were keeping the costs down.
Yes, there are many ideas around the traditional wedding cake idea, I have seen donut cakes, cupcakes etc, but these are generally the GROOM'S cake and there is still a traditional wedding cake.
I just couldn't imagine going to wedding and getting served ICE CREAM CAKE. I would think I was at my niece's birthday party instead.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LittleBetty said:
Yes, there are many ideas around the traditional wedding cake idea, I have seen donut cakes, cupcakes etc, but these are generally the GROOM'S cake and there is still a traditional wedding cake.
I just couldn't imagine going to wedding and getting served ICE CREAM CAKE. I would think I was at my niece's birthday party instead.
With the size of the stick that is obviously up your ass I'm pretty sure that you would never be invited to a wedding where something non traditional would happen.

LittleBetty

e-stalker
Oct 24, 2005
Mile High State
LordOpie said:
hey, have you married the guy you're living with?

Oh right, you need to divorce your husband.
DIVORCE HAS BEEN ALREADY!!!!

No I don't have to marry the guy I'm living with to prove to people we are HAPPY!!!
Have you told your new girl yet how psycho you are with women and how you like to man-handle them in public places????
Why don't you tell all your monkey friends how you pulled a chair out from under me at a bar!!!

LittleBetty

e-stalker
Oct 24, 2005
Mile High State
DRB said:
With the size of the stick that is obviously up your ass I'm pretty sure that you would never be invited to a wedding where something non traditional would happen.

Yeah, I'm a snob I'll admit, but at least I don't come to a MOUNTAIN BIKING BOARD and pretend I know something about MTB when in all I don't even MTB!!!
RIGHT LO.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
LittleBetty said:
Yeah, I'm a snob I'll admit, but at least I don't come to a MOUNTAIN BIKING BOARD and pretend I know something about MTB when in all I don't even MTB!!!
RIGHT LO.
Please stop stalking me.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
LittleBetty said:
Not sure this is considered STALKING, I just answer to a post on a PUBLIC BOARD.
Why YOU keep doing THIS? It's kind of funny in an annoying way 'cause I imagine you yelling random words in conversation. Maybe that's why Opie pulled your chair out.