Quantcast

Is anyone watching 10.5 on Fox??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
And did you catch the sweet little urban clip? Is that anyone known or just some actor? Nice Manitou Sherman & Hayes, haven't caught the frame mfr. yet :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
nope, not watching 10.5 on FOX. I will be watching it starting at 8pm MY time -- so watch the spoilers :p -- in an hour on NBC.

EDIT: Thanks for the note about the urban, I will try to catch that! How far into the show did it happen? (I'm very bad about not sitting still)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Rider is Chris Donohue. Riding took place in the first ten minutes of the show.

It's on at 9 tonight, I'll probably see up until the riding scene, then it's going off.

The Ito

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Damn, there was an actual good part in it? I turned it on about 10 minutes ago when they were in the car that was getting sucked down by the liquifaction...It had a F*&^%#@)(CKING SUNROOF!! STUPID PEOPLE!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
For those of you watching the movie, I got this email today and thought you may find it interesting:

"For your information... I've been asked to help let the public know that the USGS has prepared two new web pages with questions and factual answers about earthquakes and particularly in regard to "megaquakes", which as you may know, is the subject of a made-for-TV movie, "10.5", that will be shown this Sunday and Monday.

The USGS is not in the business of publicizing the movie, which of course has the usual mixture of fact and sensational action (more of the latter, it would seem from what I've seen and heard), but we would like to make available accurate information about what earthquakes really do, what their hazards really are, and "how large an earthquake is possible to take place". The websites below contain some interesting reading, and links to additional earthquake info pages. This should be of interest to educators, geologists, and everyone else who is exposed to more than the usual amount of publicity about earthquakes in the coming week or weeks.
posed to more than the usual amount of publicity about earthquakes in the coming week or weeks.

Best regards,
**** *******, U.S. Geological Survey"

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/bytopic/megaquakes.html

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/bytopic/megaqk_facts_fantasy.html

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
Yeah, I watched that show last night, it was so campy it was funny. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the 8 minutes of show, 4 minutes of commercial cycle. God that was pissing me off.

I was laughing at the begining so much. It was funny, as he was tring to out-run the space needle on his bike ( sweet bike btw), he was rolling over cars and such. At one point my wife looks over at me and says, " now thats urban assalt!" stupid but funny.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Cursor
the riding was the only part i saw of that show
turned it off right after :D
Hey man long time no see!

I wanted to mention that i've been wearing my t-shirts all the time and everybody thinks the $#!+ one is funny!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
THat movie was pretty bad..... What did like 2 people die....

Anyway the camera bouncing around was annoying....

It kept me entertained but that was it.... which isn't hard to do.

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
let me know if you need anymore.....ya know i'll hook you up.

edit: just saw your pm :D
Originally posted by stosh
Hey man long time no see!

I wanted to mention that i've been wearing my t-shirts all the time and everybody thinks the $#!+ one is funny!!!

Originally posted by BarbaRosa
the movie was so main stream media miss-information that it just was ..... cliche city

but, anyone clip the bike piece? have a link?

would like to see that
Wasn't able to watch Sunday night so I set the VCR for record.
Started to watch it Monday night and couldn't believe they'd actually have such cool riding in a show like that.

Exactly how much would I get fined if I posted it? Anybody know?

I'm sure somebody with TIVO already has it and has posted it somewhere.

fair use

fair use means you are not making a profit at it, your are not harming the original by putting it 'out there' and your intent is litteraly to 'quote' it by showing the equivilant of a sentence by showing a minute or three of a dude on a bike.

but, in the end, it is your call.....

I would love to see it... what ever

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
...I confess,we surfed though bits of it last night when the ads came on during CSI. My hubby's geologist.... let's just say we got a few good belly laughs out of the implausible science. Plate tectonic revesal? give me a break.

There was another mtb sequence supposedly set in Sun Valley that looked like fun. But Baldy as a volcano? :rolleyes: :rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl:
Who writes this stuff?