Quantcast

Is Blackrock a mess with the rain?

L

luelling

I want to head out there this weekend, but wasn't sure what the conditions are like with all of the rain we've had.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Yeah, if it's been raining recently down there it's sort of like riding a bobsled run covered with chocolate pudding. Best to wait a bit until it dries out. I get the impression they have had a very wet winter.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
I live about 30 min from Black Rock. Yes, it is a total mess when it is muddy. It gets really slow and boggy with rain. Although...we have not had much rain in the last two weeks. It has been cold, but other then that, not too bad as far as rain goes. If you live close it might be worth it. But if you have to drive further then an hour or so. I would say no. Its probably ok to play around on,...but if you want to go fast and pin it,...you should wait for sure...

L

luelling

Thanks for the info. I actually live in Salem, but it takes 20-30 minutes to drive out and I was wondering if I drove out there if I could ride. I made that mistake earlier this year and there were puddles in front of all of the jumps. It was either Blackrock or a road ride....I think I'll head out and check it out Sat. Morning.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
got an email from one of the builders, Joe, this is what he has to say...

This weekend is gonna be terrific for riding. I haven't gotten a good ride in... in I don't know how long! But THIS weekend I'm gonna knock the rust off! Trails are going to be nice and tacky after the rain early in week, and we haven't had rain in several days - and that's generally enough drying time to make it perfect!

So go have fun!