Quantcast

"Is it all the same ?" Taj's etnies blog, 2006

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I guess I don't want to seem like I have the wrong stance on this. I believe there is a childlike ignorant bliss associated with riding bicycles in general, I'm all for that. On the other hand, and some of you can understand what I'm talking about, its so nice when you find that part that compliments your riding. I used to ovalize the center of all of my sprockets. Gosh that sucked, your chain is always loose or tight, whatever. Then I found Tree sprockets and haven't suffered since. Same with brake cables. I hated how they bound when I did whips, so I went to SIS casing and they would explode, grrr. Then I discovered Nokon cables, problem solved. I guess an out of box might suit people, but the more you ride the more you will find there are certain things that you need to compliment your tricks, style, what you ride, etc, that an out of box bike just can't hope to achieve. There are reasons why certain parts cost more, and honestly they make riding more fun (cuz your not dealing with problems).

I think many of us have gotten to that point with our big bikes as well. I have personally slaved to find a frame that would fit me as I really want it to (hopefully my Tonic will be the answer). DH bikes, XC bikes, Fixies, there are expectations and needs with all riding, and its finding the perfect set up that is key.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
don't know about ya'll but I do it to impress the ladies. :brows: mo bling tha betta :cool:
What ladies? I never see any ladies at the park or DJ area... I think 90% of the ladies would'nt know a $150 Wal-Mart special from a $1,500 custom. Bet hey, if it works then do it..

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
First off I was kinda joking or being sarcastic. But on many levels I do what I do to impress the ladies. Some of those ladies are my boys that at the time were wearing their skirts and not riding. :busted: I'm not really into a lot of bling either.

Na, I'm married, the more bling the more poo I get from the wife on spending more money on bikes. What does she know? I do it cuz I wants it.
I'm married as well, that's why I spend most my time on my bike :twitch: Nah, fortunately she's pretty cool with me and my bike fetish. She only get's bent when I come home with a broken bike.

What ladies? I never see any ladies at the park or DJ area... I think 90% of the ladies would'nt know a $150 Wal-Mart special from a $1,500 custom. Bet hey, if it works then do it..

Oh I see ladies at the park, moms... I'm 31 so moms are still in my age range for those lil riders that come to the park.