Quantcast

is it just pissing rain all the time?

DHiDave

Chimp
Jan 28, 2003
Lakewood, CO
It has rained a lot in the mountains the past few days. It hasn't rained in Denver since Friday. Some places south, like Castle Rock, had rain yesterday.

It's nice to see things green this late into the summer.

Dave

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If we actually got that much rain to produce those levels of water, Kansas would disappear. Come on rain!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
In Colorado Springs weve gotten a ton of rain. It seems that every afternoon, starting around 3 or 4 it starts raining and usually continues to rain until 9 or 10 at night. Not all nights, but more than not.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Meh... it ain't that bad. It's keeping the riff-raff away from the goods, that's for sure. Keystone was HERO traction last Saturday thanks to breakout showers, and Vail on Sunday got greasy enough to be interesting.

The rain is no bueno for the jumping o' the dirt though.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
that's cool, i guess. rain is good...'specially if hero traction is going on! plus it's good for digging, right (nudge nudge, wink wink :))

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
©2001 said:
that's cool, i guess. rain is good...'specially if hero traction is going on! plus it's good for digging, right (nudge nudge, wink wink :))
As Full Trucker pointed out, it's a fine line between hero traction and full-on grease. We got a little of both last Sunday..........

-S.S.-

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
LordOpie said:
wait, isn't that a paved road? :eek:
yes...yes it is

I've put 350+ miles on my road bike this week and have done every big climb on the front range/boulder area...(about 24,000 feet of climbing this week)

o...and I am a downhiller

Johnny T is a god.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
neversummersnow said:
I've put 350+ miles on my road bike this week and have done every big climb on the front range/boulder area...(about 24,000 feet of climbing this week).
out-fvcking-standing :thumb:

Does that include 36 from Lyons to Estes? Last week I did Boulder-Lyons-Ward-Boulder and was thinking of doing Boulder to Estes, so feedback please.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Oh, and it must be stated that I had no plans of doing this front range climbing thing. It just happened that way. Its funny how when you get in a climbing rythem its hard to get out.

Climbs done since last Weds
Flagstaff
Magnolia
Sugarloaf
Lee Hill
Left Hand Caynon (ward)
Deer Creek Caynon (twice)
Deer Creek Caynon-High Grade-Pleasent Park-(some road i forget)-City View-(some road I forget)-Turkey Creek-285
Deer Creek Cynon-High Grade

I could add more but am tired...Alpe de Huez TT tommorow baby...more motivation to go up coming my way.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
neversummersnow said:
yes...yes it is

I've put 350+ miles on my road bike this week and have done every big climb on the front range/boulder area...(about 24,000 feet of climbing this week)

o...and I am a downhiller

Johnny T is a god.
I'm a downhiller too, but enjoy pushing my 43 lb bullit up hill. I should do the Idaho to Evans on it!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
LordOpie said:
out-fvcking-standing :thumb:

Does that include 36 from Lyons to Estes? Last week I did Boulder-Lyons-Ward-Boulder and was thinking of doing Boulder to Estes, so feedback please.
I did that last fall, The tan line from the sleeveless jersey I wore that day is still there. Route 36 gets a bit sketchy going up to estes due to a narrow shoulder, but all in all its not a bad ride and the ride down rocks the house.