Quantcast

Is It Late, Or Early? (GMT Thread)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, frens! LMAO! We got another foster dog last night and much to my delight he slept through the entire night in his crate without making a peep. Praise Jeebus! We've only got him for the weekend, unless he gets adopted today. Anyway, I've got to go run 20 miles before my volunteer shift at the doggo adoption event.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It's 11:45pm on Saturday night here so I'm going with it being a late GMT.
5 hours into my 12+ hour shift and it's dragging on painfully.
On the plus side though I have my dog with me at work for a change.

chipwork.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Seems today marks the end of an unusually warm autumn. Have to put the winter tires on the Forester.

I'd like to go for a ride but trails are 'closed' :disgust1:
F*ck 'em! :ph34r:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Seems today marks the end of an unusually warm autumn. Have to put the winter tires on the Forester.

I'd like to go for a ride but trails are 'closed' :disgust1:
F*ck 'em! :ph34r:
Our best riding spot here is on crown land, ain't nobody telling us what to do or not to do. #freedomtrails

But yeah, RIP fall.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
On a go slow while we wait for the big ass steel portals to be made. (4.2m x 4.5m x 250mm square, and hot dip galvanised..... 4 of them)
The plumbing/drainage folks still haven't shown up though which is pissing me off.
When you say portals, you mean floor structure?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am up early. Youngest came out at 5:30 to very reasonably ask for more medicine but I haven’t been able to get back to sleep.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

First frost and it's bitter cold. Supposed to be a wicked cold but mostly dry winter, we shall see. Today is dry, so it's lawn maintenance day for at least part of it. I'm also supposed to go to Costco, but I might put that off until Tuesday.

Be safe out there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Standing behind a tree in the middle of the woods hoping a deer walks by. Doubtful, as it's still a bit warm, but its still a beautiful morning to be standing in the woods. Gonna have to enjoy it as some nasty weather rolls in tomorrow and sticks around for a bit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS at 12. Couldn't get to sleep until after 12 and up at 5:30am. And now it's snowing. I'm ready to go back to sleep.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
After drinking 11ty billionty Pilsens in Costa Rica thus far, the fancy joint in town was having dos por uno happy hour last night of micros from Guanacaste (west coast)

IMG_20231027_215312877.jpg

Oh sweet floral hoppy aroma and high gravity, how Ive missed you.

Too I saw my first shark EVER while snorkeling at dusk yesterday.

4 footer who was likely more scared of me than I was of it.

Fun times!

My buddy wants to cross the border today into Panama as my vacation draws to a close.

This guy <= not looking forward to returning to winter snow...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
no snow here; warm weather continuing until tuesday when we go to highs in the 50s and 60s and lows in the 30s.

went to see friend's wife play a solo gig, opening for band of horses. she did a great set.

slept in a bit, now coffeeing on the porch while wifey is at yoga. taking 13yo to his football game and then a halloween party. i think wifey and the older kiddo are going to ashevegas tonight. talk of a family hike tomorrow but we can't go up near the blue ridge parkway, as it'll be a total shitshow for fall leaf peeping.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to a party last night. Small talk with strangers was painful. Barely got to spend much time talking to the friends I wanted to see. Dead silent Uber drives to and from. I think I did it wrong.