Quantcast

Is my midlife crisis beginning already?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Recently it's hitting me just how old I am. So I'm 36. Knockin' on 40's door...

When I was younger, the people on TV shows were always older than me. Now they are younger. It' just weird. And today was the kicker.

I ran into this girl I went to high school with. I had the biggest crush on her. She was WAY out of my league. When I saw her today, she LOOKED like a well-kept middle aged woman. weirdly dyed hair, fake and bake tan....she obviously goes to the gym (no complaints there...) but she looked old. I'm POSITIVE I don't look as old as she did.

And actually there's another chick I work with. Everyone claims she's a year younger than me. I would have sworn she was like 5 years older.

I guess I'm just not coming to terms with it? It's weird man....just weird..

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
I still get freaked out when someone younger calls me Sir. I'm like "what do you mean? I still ride my bike".

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
I'm in the same boat, sort of. I turned 30 this year and it still throws me for a loop. Example, I was out the other day and saw this incredible looking woman, and started talking to her, ended up she was 32. My first thought was "32, wow, thats too old for me", then I realized I'm friggin 30.

But, the way I figure it, time and age are relative to how you feel, how you act, and how you look at yourself. The worst part of ageing really isnt the fact your body breaks down, because for most people that actually occurs later than they think. The worst part is starting to buy into the fact that you are "too old".

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
About six years ago, I took a lamaze class before the birth of my child. I was 37 and during one of the breaks a younger guy (about 23) comes up to me and says "excuse me sir, where could you tell me where you got your soda?" That started me thinking and looking around. Everyone in the class was younger than me, the nearest guy to my age was a full five years younger than me and having his third child.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
One could certainly ascertain that if you're in a barn and in a secluded area with a lamb and you’re behind her and your pants are down by your ankles, then an unnatural sex act is probably occurring

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
You'll fit right in at the mesa fire department. Linkey.
But I don't have a little pushbroom mustache or creepy liver spots on my head. I'll bet that mustache tickled the sheep's tender bits though.

One could certainly ascertain that if you're in a barn and in a secluded area with a lamb and you&#8217;re behind her and your pants are down by your ankles, then an unnatural sex act is probably occurring
Oh, it's natural all right....just a little too natural.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Recently it's hitting me just how old I am. So I'm 36. Knockin' on 40's door...

When I was younger, the people on TV shows were always older than me. Now they are younger. It' just weird. And today was the kicker.

I ran into this girl I went to high school with. I had the biggest crush on her. She was WAY out of my league. When I saw her today, she LOOKED like a well-kept middle aged woman. weirdly dyed hair, fake and bake tan....she obviously goes to the gym (no complaints there...) but she looked old. I'm POSITIVE I don't look as old as she did.

And actually there's another chick I work with. Everyone claims she's a year younger than me. I would have sworn she was like 5 years older.

I guess I'm just not coming to terms with it? It's weird man....just weird..
Don't forget men age better than women.

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
I'm in the same boat. Don't sweat it though. You are only as old as you feel. I am turning 37 this month, but I don't feel it. I workout (weightlift) 3 days a week, I still go to the BMX track with my 12 yr. old and tool around. I also play basketball weekly with my 18 yr old daughters boyfriend. I still race exp. DH, DS and mtnx. Granted I don't have the endurance I once had but I can still keep up and my athleticism is still there.
I get asked all the time if my daughters are my sisters. As an example, I was picking up pizza with my 12 yr old (who is 5'5") and the girl behind the counter heard me talking to my daughter and mention "mom" and she spoke up and questioned if my daughter was my sister; because she said that I didn't look like I am old enough to have a 12 yr. old because her dad looked "way older than me and he was 39 already". I thanked her for the compliment and proceded to tell her that I also had a 18 yr. old daughter who is in college. Obviously at that point, she was doing simple math in her head and figuring out that I started "early". I say, so what. The way I look at it, I will have my younger one out of the house in another 8-10 yrs. and my house will be paid for. what a life, no bills and no kids. I can finally chase my wife around the house naked without chancing getting caught:biggrin:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I'm 35 and their is a cute 18 yo who flirts with me at the college. I mentioned my age and you should have seen her face. I stay pretty active and always wear sunglasses outside so I don't have crows feet (a dead giveaway.)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yep I am very much looking forward to being able to go to a gym again once the girls get a little older.

But I do think I delude msyelf somewhat. Ignoring my folicular challenges, I was certain that I looked exactly like I did when I was 25.....until I saw a picture of myself from that time. Turns out I don't.

splat

Nam I am
Yep I am very much looking forward to being able to go to a gym again once the girls get a little older.

Yes but just wait , That is where it gets worse, when Yor Little Baby , start really growing up on you !!! ( it is really Scaring the Sh!t out of me right now )

But I do think I delude msyelf somewhat. Ignoring my folicular challenges, I was certain that I looked exactly like I did when I was 25.....until I saw a picture of myself from that time. Turns out I don't.
I hear you there, lets just say the glare off of my Fore head can blind people.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Dont sweat ti Mike, I have almost 10 years on ya and I had the same mid life thoughts. Feeling young is a state of mind. If you feel young you will actually look young. I do not think you look your age. I find myself hanging with younger friends. Mostly cause there aint a whole lot of old guys doing what I do. I spent the weekend shoveling dirt jumps and berms so I can get in better riding form. I can barely walk today. I do feel young inside, but the body aint what it used to be. Don't worry so much about getting old, just stay off ther scale, quit looking in the mirror and do the things you want to do insted of what is expected. Like the song says, " growing up leads to growing old, and that leads to dying"