Quantcast

Is Saint discontinued?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I have bent both Hone and SLX crank-arms from rock-strikes.
So far both aluminum and crabon RaceFace are still going strong as well as the crabon XO's.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've a set of 970 XTR's on my trail bike which must be well into 5 figures of mileage and 9+ years old. But I've also seen a friend bend a set of 9020 XTR cranks with a hit that didn't knock him off his bike, I'm hoping the set I put on a bike earlier this year don't succumb so easily. I think my DH bike Saint cranks are only 8 years old...

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Raceface Diablos cranks from '07. I wanted to put them on my new bike build back in 2015, but I'm afraid that the spindle will come loose or break.
The spindle is my concern on ant cranks, not the arms.

Thoughts?

Wuffles

Monkey
Feb 24, 2016
Wouldn't mind some new Saint cranks. Would save my wallet from the inevitable EEWings purchase.

Strangely I've never broke any of the 3 sets of race face crabon I've owned, but I cracked a set of XTs clean thru the arm after a good rock smash.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Raceface Diablos cranks from '07. I wanted to put them on my new bike build back in 2015, but I'm afraid that the spindle will come loose or break.
The spindle is my concern on ant cranks, not the arms.

Thoughts?
Try them now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wouldn't mind some new Saint cranks. Would save my wallet from the inevitable EEWings purchase.

Strangely I've never broke any of the 3 sets of race face crabon I've owned, but I cracked a set of XTs clean thru the arm after a good rock smash.
You may be able to run kenda tires and old boxxer forks.