Quantcast

IS SUB 40 lbs POSSIBLE? How

May 6, 2004
it took me ages to go through all 27 pages of this discussion but it was very usefull and entertaining indeed.
my journey through started just as a random search for yeti 303...

thanks you all

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Try changing your setup to view more post per page and you would only be on page 11. Anyway weight saving has always been a mountain bike hot topic.

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Yes I know, maybe the lightest bb7 on earth:))
Pictures coming soon, Iám still waiting for my rear shock.
I order it from ebay in America and i live in the Netherlands, so i have to wait for it.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008

my 2008 sunday factory came in at 37.89lbs

boxxer wc fork
e13/ FSA headset
easton cnt bar
sunline v1 dh stem
xt shadow drive train
gravity exo light cranks and bb
e13 LG1 guide
crank brother mallet pedals
deemax wheels
avid ultimate breaks
panaracer fire tires
wtb rocket ti saddle
sunline grips

i'm sure with my new ti spring, king wheels and pedals ...i can get another 1.5-2 lbs off...hopefully...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

my 2008 sunday factory came in at 37.89lbs

boxxer wc fork
e13/ FSA headset
easton cnt bar
sunline v1 dh stem
xt shadow drive train
gravity exo light cranks and bb
e13 LG1 guide
crank brother mallet pedals
deemax wheels
avid ultimate breaks
panaracer fire tires
wtb rocket ti saddle
sunline grips

i'm sure with my new ti spring, king wheels and pedals ...i can get another 1.5-2 lbs off...hopefully...

Well done! Nice bike

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Yes I know, maybe the lightest bb7 on earth:))
Pictures coming soon, Iám still waiting for my rear shock.
I order it from ebay in America and i live in the Netherlands, so i have to wait for it.

No **** it ways under 40 if you still dont have all the parts.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
Doesn't count! What's the point of calling a 38lb rig when you've got xc tyres on it?

What does it weigh with proper tyres on it?
maybe you should refer to the http://www.panaracer.com/mtb.php

according to panaracer...i got dh/freeride tires... but it doesn't mean you have to run the widest and heaviest rubber ever made...then again...i've seen riders like hill, jonnier, tomac, vouilloz, fabien, peat, rennie and many more run 2.35's on their bikes...but hey...i don't have a rainbow jersey on my back so who am i to say anything about tires.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
how do you guys like your braking rotors? a friend was running them and said that he lost power due to less surface area. any feedback?
they are full of it. the braking rotors are light and brake hard, i've used the same rotors on hayes, avids, formulas, and shimanos and they all had awesome power, i only retired them because i taco'ed my rear one at angle fire. they are worth it for sure if you got the bread

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
maybe you should refer to the http://www.panaracer.com/mtb.php

according to panaracer...i got dh/freeride tires... but it doesn't mean you have to run the widest and heaviest rubber ever made...then again...i've seen riders like hill, jonnier, tomac, vouilloz, fabien, peat, rennie and many more run 2.35's on their bikes...but hey...i don't have a rainbow jersey on my back so who am i to say anything about tires.
Yes you got FR tires but they are thin as all hell. Its not the width its the casing and sidewall strength. Did you get steel or folding beads? I had those tires and they lasted a day at Plattekill. If you don't ride a lot of rocks or run high pressure you should be fine.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
Yes you got FR tires but they are thin as all hell. Its not the width its the casing and sidewall strength. Did you get steel or folding beads? I had those tires and they lasted a day at Plattekill. If you don't ride a lot of rocks or run high pressure you should be fine.
i have two sets right now. one set are steel and the other folding. where i ride we have more roots then rocks but i haven't had any problems yet.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
i have two sets right now. one set are steel and the other folding. where i ride we have more roots then rocks but i haven't had any problems yet.
I had the folding beads and on the shale at plattekill I ripped the sidewall in a day. I really would love for them to work out since they have a great tread and are light. I had them set up with Stan's for what its worth. What psi do you run?

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
I had the folding beads and on the shale at plattekill I ripped the sidewall in a day. I really would love for them to work out since they have a great tread and are light. I had them set up with Stan's for what its worth. What psi do you run?
does finger tight psi count :monkeydance: ? lol...honestly i didn't even check when i took them out...just stuck the air on until it felt good at the fingers lol...however, yes i agree the tread pattern is really good. but this tire wouldn't be my choice on really rough and rock stuff though. i will probably end up with a maxxis minion 2.5/2.35 set up again like before.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
the guy thats running the tires. which i guess in the real world is all that matters, but then again this is ridemonkey.
very true...i guess i could always run slicks and call it my urban spinner taking it to and from the starbucks lol.