Quantcast

Is there a Firefox extension that....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
...can automatically stop all the lame crap on a Myspace page from loading and bogging down your computer?

Just wondering.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Something tells me that you are being evil and I don't really want to do that.
What he said should just make nothing from myspace show up in your browser....it would stop it from bogging down your computer because nothing would load.:brows: Which is really what should be done with myspace any way you look at it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How much does adblock help at crapspace?
He's not really talking about the normal myspace pages, he's talking about the absolutely atrocious crap that people put onto their myspace pages (e.g. sixteen photo slideshows, four movies, 3 sound clips, two java games and a partridge in a pear tree).

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
He's not really talking about the normal myspace pages, he's talking about the absolutely atrocious crap that people put onto their myspace pages (e.g. sixteen photo slideshows, four movies, 3 sound clips, two java games and a partridge in a pear tree).
Exactly.

It's that feeling of "why the fvck did I just click on that idiot's profile?"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Exactly.

It's that feeling of "why the fvck did I just click on that idiot's profile?"
I sometimes get the urge to try and kill time at work with MySpace.

I usually get two profiles in and want to shoot myself in the face, so I log out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I sometimes get the urge to try and kill time at work with MySpace.

I usually get two profiles in and want to shoot myself in the face, so I log out.
I get the stupidest fvcking friend requests, especially from bands. Some of them are funny though, so I'm always suckered into looking at ones with dumb names.

Then: regret.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ohh.. It would be nice not to see all that crap. I think I may try that.

People don't even have things in common with me and send friend requests...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Reminds me of this (which I think predates myspace):

In firefox there is an extention called Greasemonkey. After you install greasemonkey if you put a few scripts in that can be found through a google search you can get rid of all of the myspace annoyances, and just display profiles as a basic page with no music players or any of that other flash junk.